Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Collard wrapped tiger prawns

double
double Posts: 1,214
This no grains/paleo/primal diet has actually been a lot of fun so far lots of interesting stuff.
Tonight we did some tiger prawns on the egg then wrapped in Collard greens with sliced avo and squeezed lemon.
Lynnwood WA

Comments

• Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Collards make everything better!
    Duncan, SC
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Been doing wheat belly/paleo for more than a year. Lots of choices that are legal. I like collards that are still crunchy. Never thought of prawn though. Going on my list for next week. No bacon in sight. Must be an oversight.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • double
    egger ave said:

Been doing wheat belly/paleo for more than a year. Lots of choices that are legal. I like collards that are still crunchy. Never thought of prawn though. Going on my list for next week. No bacon in sight. Must be an oversight.

My bacon is rationed for my Saturday breakfast as I need to make more! I won't buy store bacon anymore :-) thanks to this forum...
    Lynnwood WA
  • egger ave
    double said:
    My bacon is rationed for my Saturday breakfast as I need to make more! I won't buy store bacon anymore :-) thanks to this forum...

I am curing my own canadian and american style bacon, No store bought bacon in my house either.

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I really need to make prawns more often.. These look awesome! =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Nice!! Love this idea....Looks outstanding!
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Hmmm... Fill me on the awful store bought bacon. Are they putting poison in it to make us robots or something?
  • double
    HogHeaven said:

Hmmm... Fill me on the awful store bought bacon. Are they putting poison in it to make us robots or something?

I'm not saying its awful its just not the same as making your own.

Lynnwood WA
  • egger ave
    HogHeaven said:
    most of the bacon I see these days in the grocery store is too expensive and poor quality IMHO. I started home curing my own and my taste buds lit up. It's also less expensive and better quality.

Albert Einstein
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Looks great. Tell me about the collard greens. Did you do anything to them prior? Pre-boiling or anything?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• double
    Griffin said:

Looks great. Tell me about the collard greens. Did you do anything to them prior? Pre-boiling or anything?

Raw washed whole leaves with the centre stem cut out. Gives it a crunchy texture. For lunch I did home made babaganush (sp) spread on a collard leaf with smoked salmon rolled up they were great. Basically have a container of leaves prepped in the fridge and its nice and easy to grab.
    Lynnwood WA