Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Low Carb Grill tonight

egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Low carb grill tonight on my mini BGE. Thin cut steak, 2 kinds of onions,cilantro, chile, poblano and green peppers, mushrooms, celery, fresh garlic, ginger, sesame oil, salt, pepper, soy and fish sauce. Steak was marinated for 2 days, veggies were fresh. Who says low carb can't taste good and be healthy.
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Looks very good -- and healthy.  Fresh veggies are hard to beat on the grill...
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,249
    Looks awesome!
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    Low carb...hmmm, that's your story and your sticking to it? It does look very good. Nice cook!
    ·
  • We're living low carb here.  Thanks for posting!!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,955
    Dyal_SC said:

Looks awesome!

+1. The mini is solid!

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Looks great @egger_ave! You knew I had to open this post. Thanks for the inspiration. Me thinks your grill pan might be a tad too big for your Mini. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    Griffin said:
    Looks great @egger_ave! You knew I had to open this post. Thanks for the inspiration. Me thinks your grill pan might be a tad too big for your Mini. ;)
    it is too big, unexpected benefit is that I have a cooler spot in the grill to push food to as it cooks. I never thought I would be using it on my mini. Will have to find a smaller pan one of these days.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 417
    I have cooked a similar dish on my Mini using my late grandmother's 10" cast iron skillet. Fit the Mini perfectly. @egger ave --- you have inspired to do this again.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
    ·