Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

After Prom Party

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
Saturday is my daughters junior prom and she asked if after it she could have people back at the house . Being the sweet girl she is she volunteered me to cook . then i asked how many she said 12 (meaning couples) .looking for suggestions of what to cook please 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• chris123stock
    Options
    Well it cant be messy, nice clothes and all. Cant smell like smoke, nice clothes and all. I would go for a nice white fish, its mellow, and you can use some good sauses with it. Plus it doesnt make your breath smell like a junk yard dog licking itself. This is good  for all the goodnight kisses. I really am glad I have boys lol.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I agree with VI, and also a good ol' pile of wings to go with are always a plus. They can be made in advance and kept warm.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Pacuare
    Pacuare Posts: 77
    Options
    I would suggest appetizer type food like monik balls and wings plus a dessert like a chocolate chip cookie pies.
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    +1 on wings - easy to cook beforehand and reheat.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

Kids love pizza.  Have all the ingredients for them to make their own, then have small pizza doughs for them to make them on.  You could even use tortillas.  Your XL should hold quite a few, maybe 5.

Kids love pizza.  Have all the ingredients for them to make their own, then have small pizza doughs for them to make them on.  You could even use tortillas.  Your XL should hold quite a few, maybe 5.

damn you're old... it's not snotty nose 3 year old night.... make your own pizza, really?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    ribs with a ton of sauce.... fingerprints!
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    As long as you dont ask what I ate before my prom. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options

As long as you dont ask what I ate before my prom. 

And I thought this was a family forum.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    "chastity belt" pulled pork with a side of "shotgun cleaning"
    I wish I could click "like" about 1000 times.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options

Might need to add a dash of "knife sharpening"

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    henapple said:
    damn you're old... it's not snotty nose 3 year old night.... make your own pizza, really?
    Yeah, I'm old, but not so old that I forgot I quoted a post so I quoted it again.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:

and creepy long stares while trailing off into laughter. Glad I have boys. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options
    Don't forget to say "i'm not afraid to back to prison"
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    Mumbling "I'd gladly go back to prison to protect my little girl..."

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• jeroldharter
    Options
    I would go wings. You could FTC the wings and have them waiting, or at least a batch waiting given the number of people involved. I doubt that the couples are going to want to hang around the grill and chitchat. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    It's an after prom party...so you can be messy if you want.   I would ask my daughter if she is looking for a sit down meal or just appetizer/finger food.  If a sit down- I think I would go with a prime rib roast.   If a little less casual, maybe a smaller prime rib roast served on some nice crusty buns.  I'm also thinking bacon wrapped shrimp.  

I asked my 8 year old daughter and she insists you serve cheese puffs as a snack.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options
    Pineapple and skewered vegetables and moink balls
  • Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Options
    After prom they may be intoxicated so pizza is a good bet. :)
    Duncan, SC
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    Saltpeter encrusted beef tenderloin! Then you can go to bed and sleep!
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Mross said:
    After prom they may be intoxicated so pizza is a good bet. :)
    You're showing your age.  Proms are A LOT different these days!

Mike

Edited to add:  How about slices of chili cheese dog fatties served on buns with some fries?

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options

Foghorn said:

and creepy long stares while trailing off into laughter. Glad I have boys. 

I think if I ever had girls I would do the cleaning the gun trick and then maybe show the boy my home made taxidermy.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I have one with the second on the way. If they are anything like their mother, I'm in trouble. I may need to invest in a maiming device ;)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Redbull marinated flank steak with vodka cream sauce. Boom. B-)
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Options
    I have put three through the after prom parties. The gun cleaning trick works okay. The best trick was going downstairs every 15 minutes with fresh out of the oven treats, ice, more drinks,etc.. After the first three hours they figured it out and all went home.
    Duncan, SC
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    thanks everyone for the suggestions and i was thinking of playing the movie deliverance and chew on a piece of straw holding my shotgun . 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I'm fearing my first prom with my buddies girl and the first one with my own. But in most places prom is not the wild throwdown it used to be. Thinking that when it comes I will throw a lamb chop on the egg and burn the hell out of it and say if this is what I would do to a baby sheep, what will I do to you........ Or maybe Rocky Mountain Oysters.......
    >:)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bigphil said:
    thanks everyone for the suggestions and i was thinking of playing the movie deliverance and chew on a piece of straw holding my shotgun . 

"this one here's got a real pretty mouth" ought to clear it out if things get out of hand. Poor Ned Beatty.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I personally think the cheese puffs are a great idea. i don't know if anyone will be keen on getting kissy kissy after cheesepuffs. Get garlic-flavored ones. I think the pizza idea will go over very well FWIW.

If you're looking for things to mumble while you check on them every so often, add to the list " Now where did I hide that body?..."

Mross said:
    I have put three through the after prom parties. The gun cleaning trick works okay. The best trick was going downstairs every 15 minutes with fresh out of the oven treats, ice, more drinks,etc.. After the first three hours they figured it out and all went home.
    Man, those kids were tenacious!!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.