Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm About To Banned From The Forum (by SWMBO)

Tuesday - ordered Hi-Que grate for my new medium, and Top Grain Elk Leather welding gloves (the ones recommended by @nolaegghead) Wednesday - ordered pot lifter and foodsaver mason jar sealer. Tomorrow - ordering baking steel and Eggware stainless steel cap. I may need counseling....
Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN

Comments

• Ok well these are necessary tools of the trade, do you see a cop with no gun, a fireman with no hose? If you do need counseling let me know I can help. 
  • kbutler84
    kbutler84 Posts: 140
    Mickey said:
    You may just learn to say like the rest of us; Look honey at what I won off the forum.
    :grabs pen and paper:
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191

Mine always falls for " "it's on special right now, half price!". 

PS: @nolaegghead can get you in trouble!!

:((
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    I get tired of coming home to a UPS box and SWMBO says "What have you ordered now"
    Guess I'll start having stuff delivered to work
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    This weekend my son and I are going to order some accessories.  IF SWMBO sees it when it comes I'm going to tell her "I know I'm difficult to shop for. I didn't want you to waste your time shopping for me for Father's Day so I went ahead and just ordered some stuff that you can give me at that time."  Think it will work?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• I have everything sent to my office. If she mentions it, I bring up her amount of shoes and purses.
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    It will work so long as you keep cooking goodness.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760

I get her to suggest buying it so the idea doesn't come from me. It's usually best to mention some accesories that would have been wonderful to have right after we finished eating good food from the egg :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    It's never a two-way street but good on you for trying.  And comparisons with any thread of logic are out the window as well.  So, get out the flack jacket and blanket and eventually the storm will pass.  Although there is always another on the horizon :)>- Judgement comes from experience, experience comes from poor judgement.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn said:
    This weekend my son and I are going to order some accessories.  IF SWMBO sees it when it comes I'm going to tell her "I know I'm difficult to shop for. I didn't want you to waste your time shopping for me for Father's Day so I went ahead and just ordered some stuff that you can give me at that time."  Think it will work?
    yes. I do it all the time. She loves it and always throws in a little surprise present for fun. win/win
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I have everything sent to my office. If she mentions it, I bring up her amount of shoes and purses.
    don't you own a dealership? Honey, it's for work!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Make the mason jar salads with your sealer and she will be happy. I've eaten them all week and they are the best to-go salads I have ever had todays was just as good as mondays. The rest of the stuff is just "necessary" to make her the best meals possible. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    I'm in the same boat. It seems I'm dropping a C note every time I log in.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Mama knows what side her bread is buttered on! I don't complain about her purchases and she don't complain about mine.
    Duncan, SC
  • Wilma's not a shopper so I'm screwed!  Or am I?  Sometimes I'm a silver tongued devil and she is gullable.

Flint, Michigan
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    I appreciate all the forum "counseling", the misses does appreciate my cooking and truthfully is very tolerant when it comes my eggcessories. I am blessed.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • Charlie tuna
    Look, we need to get together on this issue once and for all!!  SCOOTER you are right, Let's blame it on nolaegghead !!!
  • Of course, I don't get away scott free too often.

Flint, Michigan
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    @Charlie tuna, along with @nolaegghead, not only just some good gloves, but between he and other forum regulars (so many of you guys), I am also in the sous vide arena as well. Can't say enough about the great peeps on here. Lots of great input here.
  • When my wife finds a new box under the carport when she comes home she sarcastically says your Brown Santa has arrived again.

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • Charlie tuna
    Every time i see another "gizmo" on here, i start looking into it and trying to justify buying it!  My wife could care less, and if i mention it to her, she'll say "order it!".  And like we all know there are  many ways to get the same result, using many different "Egg Accessories" pictured daily on this forum.  My latest is an AR, but since i already have BGE's three tiered grid, i wonder if it will make $160 difference??  Or will i be cooking and looking at "a grill i rarely use?" ??