Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg carten

Can you guys and gals post some pics of your egg cartens at work?

XLBGE 

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Here are a few of mine

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Solson005, while I'm sure the table you use for your Egg Carton is strong enough it just reminds me of the unstable TV tables I have, and gives me cold chills. Possibly because i was just looking at: tragedy 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Solson005
    @tazcrash it is a teak shower stool its made to hold a 250 lb person, so the egg works fine. Trust me if it was the least bit unstable I would get something else. I feel it is safer on that than in the nest.

I got the eggcarten because I didn't want a accident while moving the egg around. So I am very careful when it comes to the safety of my eggs.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    @solson005

Thanks man. Working up plans for something similar.... But different >:)

Disclaimer: this is for personal need and zero profit.

XLBGE 
  • Solson005
    edited April 2013
    I figured.. B-)
  • MrCookingNurse
    Solson005 said:
    I figured, eggAIRPLANEcarrier B-)
    shhh!!! It's hush hush  >-)

XLBGE 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2013

@Solson005 and @tazcrash,

I tried putting my transporter on top of the 15lb painted military surplus table, both pictured below.  Way too top heavy for me personally on a concrete slab. 

If myself or my son and nephews, or dog nudged it, or if it slid into one of those flagstone cracks?  It would be..."tragic".

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

Aw man, now I have to give you money..... Turkey legs

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lloydey
    lloydey Posts: 11
    Anyone able to post one of these to me in the UK, i did try scott but he didn't come back to me )-:

Off to lime regis, would be well handy for transporting mini to the beach and back.

Please Chris
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited April 2013
    Is @Mickey the only gal posting pics of her egg carten?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    edited April 2013
    <P>@<A class=Username href="http://eggheadforum.com/profile/65704/lloydey"><STRONG><FONT color=#00573d size=3>lloydey</FONT></STRONG></A>   I just sent this to Scott. </P>
    <P>His email is: <A href="mailto:Slewis87@msn.com">Slewis87@msn.com</A></P>
    <P>Have a phone if you need it.  He has been at the Salado EggFest the last few years. He is a real nice guy.</P>
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    edited April 2013
    <BLOCKQUOTE class=Quote>
    <DIV class=QuoteAuthor><A href="http://eggheadforum.com/profile/52534/Chubbs">Chubbs</A> said:</DIV>
    <DIV class=QuoteText>Is @Mickey the only gal posting pics of her egg carten? </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>Did VI tell you I was a gal? :-t

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Mickey said:

Chubbs said:

Is @Mickey the only gal posting pics of her egg carten?
    Did VI tell you I was a gal? :-t

Don't tell him I told you, but yes... Yes, he did.
    X_X
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrCookingNurse
    Wow, log in and see you ha e 5 updates, get all excited about reading responses to your post.... And low and behold its a flame war between @chubbs & @mickey :-??

XLBGE 
  • Mickey

Wow, log in and see you ha e 5 updates, get all excited about reading responses to your post.... And low and behold its a flame war between @chubbs & @mickey :-??

I see contribution but will be glad to stay the hell out of your posts from this point on. If you have something to say, say it. You sound like a cry baby.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited April 2013

Don't worry. They just got their panties in a twist. Calm down ladies! ;)
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    The carten rocks can't wait to get one for my small. There was a thread not long ago worrying about the heat from underneath but I cook with mine directly on one is those plastic fold up tables and have had the mini at 400 plus for 2 hours and the table was maybe 130 degrees or so. I cooked for 4 hours tailgating at a braves game a couple weeks ago with the car ten sitting directly on a cooler and it was fine. The aluminum absorbs most of the heat.
  • MrCookingNurse
    edited April 2013
    wow, must just be that time of the month, heres an apology and a midol @mickey Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 

• Wow, log in and see you ha e 5 updates, get all excited about reading responses to your post.... And low and behold its a flame war between @chubbs & @mickey :-??

wow, must just be that time of the month, heres an apology and a midol @mickey

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Tough day at the shop?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited April 2013
    Tread lightly, cause if ya mess with Mickey, you'll get BLASTED!! =))

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mickey
    Do you EVER cook anything? Below is in order your posts. Discussions Bookmark Egg carten 461 views 21 comments Most recent by cazzy 9:47PMEggHead Forum Bookmark Seed sewing, gardening 691 views 57 comments 1 new Most recent by tazcrash April 12Off Topic Bookmark Pork loin. Reverse sear. Instant leftovers. 151 views 7 comments Most recent by MrCookingNurse April 7EggHead Forum Bookmark Another new addition to the fam!! 741 views 46 comments Most recent by Griffin April 8EggHead Forum Bookmark Controller set up question 71 views 1 comment Most recent by CincyTiki March 30EggHead Forum Bookmark Wife got me a handle ;) 311 views 18 comments Most recent by GA_Dawgs March 30EggHead Forum Bookmark Ordering a wok 441 views 22 comments Most recent by jfm0830 April 1EggHead Forum Bookmark BBQ pitmasters my home town! 341 views 23 comments Most recent by MrCookingNurse March 26EggHead Forum Bookmark Freezing whole chickens 191 views 12 comments Most recent by Skiddymarker March 25EggHead Forum Bookmark $ per # chuck roast 91 views 5 comments Most recent by Charlie tuna March 25EggHead Forum Bookmark This guy needed an EGG~ 381 views 5 comments Most recent by Fred19Flintstone March 22Off Topic Bookmark wood chunks 411 views 31 comments Most recent by MrCookingNurse March 21EggHead Forum Bookmark South Eastern Egging 1.2K views 75 comments Most recent by AUWAG March 25EggHead Forum Bookmark Heat and wood tables 571 views 22 comments 1 new Most recent by egger ave April 10EggHead Forum Bookmark Food saver: which one 311 views 22 comments Most recent by 500 March 17EggHead Forum Bookmark Tri tip..... I think 231 views 15 comments Most recent by billyray March 15EggHead Forum Bookmark Tri tip 121 views 6 comments Most recent by MrCookingNurse March 14EggHead Forum Bookmark Longest cook times per egg 921 views 36 comments 2 new Most recent by RoundTowner March 19EggHead Forum Bookmark BBQ guru. How tight is it? 601 views 26 comments Most recent by jeroldharter March 19EggHead Forum Bookmark Outdoor radio/speaker options 971 views 63 comments Most recent by hapster March 15EggHead Forum Bookmark Replacing dome thermo 101 views 6 comments Most recent by Chubbs March 10EggHead Forum Bookmark ARGHHH!!!!! 281 views 25 comments Most recent by MrCookingNurse March 9EggHead Forum Bookmark Help! Dome thermo die?? 241 views 25 comments Most recent by MrCookingNurse March 13EggHead Forum Bookmark Meat lovers pizza 241 views 12 comments Most recent by NecessaryIndulg March 9EggHead Forum Bookmark Craigslist: LBGE dome Jackson ms 131 views 8 comments Most recent by bccomstock March 8EggHead Forum Bookmark Walmart pan 871 views 39 comments Most recent by Solson005 March 9EggHead Forum Bookmark Craigslist egg: Birmingham al 271 views 12 comments Most recent by Hi54putty March 7EggHead Forum Bookmark Birthday gift for me and the egg 551 views 27 comments Most recent by SmokeyPitt March 8EggHead Forum Bookmark Egg'd my table and a ? 511 views 23 comments Most recent by erniemcclain March 10EggHead Forum Bookmark Chubb 231 views 13 comments Most recent by Central_Bama_Egger March 6EggHead Forum

• Mickey
    In your attempt to scold me you missed the fact I posted to your question and answered a question of lloydey. Just so you do understand YES you did piss me off and that little deal on one of my posts with the song and then pulling it.......

• MrCookingNurse
    edited April 2013
    Aight @mickey,
    The video, can you feel the love tonight, wasn't posting like I wanted it to. It fit the mood to the fight going on on your post.
    Yea I cook. Quiet often. Get your britches out of a wad, take a joke, or buzz off. Sorry if you've had a bad day or something. I saw your post and appreciated the help, it's awesome your gonna help the guy over the pond too. My post was obviously a joke. Over and out.

XLBGE 
  • Mickey
    What do you cook. I looked at 30 or 40 posts with only a couple of cooks. Most posts about how long will your egg burn and such. My day was just fine. My day will be just fine on Thursday. But you will still be a hanger on who just can't cook. There was no joke in what started this.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Alright fellas, lets cool out.  You each got a shot in, enough is enough.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• lloydey
    lloydey Posts: 11

Thanks Mickey, i'll mail Scott again later today.

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    My Egg Carten with Mini sits on a chrome wire shelving table. Any heat that might build up passes right through. The table is sturdy enough and is cheap.

Springram
    LBGE and Mini
  • Mickey
    @Focker you are correct, and this should have been taken off-line. @lloudey if you don't have luck in contacting him get back with me. Can make it happen.

• MrCookingNurse
    Thanks guys. I just emailed Scott to see if he'd be interested in making a little custom circle base before I went to a machine shop.

@solson005
    @mickey
    @springram
    @focker
    @lit
    Thanks for the pics and help!

XLBGE