Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spaghetti Squash BGE style

tmcalistertmcalister Posts: 1
edited August 2012 in Vegetables

Spaghetti Squash

Split squash length-wise and clean out the seeds.  Coat the exposed squash with olive oil.

Set up Egg with direct heat at approx 375. 

Place squash flesh-side down for approx 15-20 minutes to get a little char going on the flesh.

Use oven-mitts to move both pieces of squash onto a piece of aluminum foil (pierced) and still flesh-side down. 

Cook approx another 30 minutes until the shell-side is soft when squeezed. 

Let it cool down and then rake out of the shell with a fork. 

Top this just as you would a pasta, with marinara, parmesan cheese, or whatever your preference. 

Cheers--to healthy eating!!!

·

Comments

• bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 932

I never tried one but last week I got my first spaghetti squash and was trying to figure out what to do. Do you have any pics to help aid your description?

Thanks for the info

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 258
    Sounds Great
    I'll give it a try
    ·
  • scaryangelscaryangel Posts: 134
    I always have a hard time cutting spaghetti squash in half
    ·
  • Would love a pic or two. Sounds awesome

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Sorry, y'all.  I didn't take any pics.  My bad....note to self for next time.  And yes, the shell of a spaghetti squash is hard.  It's not the easiest to cut in half.  But it's so worth it!  I no longer eat pasta, so this is a HUGE fix for me when I'm craving some italian food!
    ·
  • BadongBadong Posts: 125
    Usually just roast in the oven but will have to try it on the Egg.
    ·
  • 10Driver10Driver Posts: 88
    Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite foods. We have always steamed it. I'll def be trying this though.
    ·
  • I love Spaghetti Squash 
    ·
  • Had spaghetti squash on the grill last fall and can't believe that I have been missing out on it all this time.  Thanks for posting the recipe.  I've gotta try that soon.
    ·
  • Cool,  thanks for posting.
    ·
  • RV10FlyerRV10Flyer Posts: 135
    Great idea, I love Spaghetti Squash but never thought to cook it on the grill.  Thanks!

North Texas

XL BGE

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I love spaghetti Squash, never tried it on the egg though, going to now!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 353
    Thanks. Made it into my recipe file.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,951
    I always have a hard time cutting spaghetti squash in half
    You can even roast them whole. Just punch a bunch of holes in it with a fork.

Make sure you have a sharp, heavy knife yo complete the cut. I use a cleaver.
    ·