Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Under 15 min total chops

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Under 15 min total light to shut down pork chops. Works for dinner. Did use Mapp to light.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Options
    Dude... Those are huge chops! Wow... That 15 minutes is like a land speed record. You have set the bar very high. Come on other Egger's let's see you break that record! Question... How many beer's did that take?
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    That's unreal Mickey!  How did you get the mini to burn clean so quick?  Chops look great!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    My doctor told me to stay away from fast food :) Sounds phenomenal... now what did those purty chops look like in the end?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    do you do " everything" fast?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • chris123stock
    Options
    henapple said:

=))
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    henapple said:
    It's over for it starts

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    BOWHUNR said:
    That's unreal Mickey!  How did you get the mini to burn clean so quick?  Chops look great!

Mike

Mike. Burn clean? Thought I would see how long and part of the quickness was used lump. Soon ( quickly) as it hit 250 they went on. Went up to 375 when I pulled them.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @caliking they were not real brown but were good. And done. @henapple. You been talking to Linda. @hogheaven. Not a beer. No time. @littlesteven. It was quick. But I just wanted to see if it could be done fast and still good. It was both. Had to have a fast light and put on early. One more thing: if I had a full lump I could have cut a couple of min's off and got browner.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    How to go Mickey, mini speed record. And because it was so fast, the outside of the egg never gets hot, which is good incase the wind comes up and blows that plastic bag over....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    mini+fast only plays well in certain arenas
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Options
    mini+fast only plays well in certain arenas

Or ages, just ask VI %-(

• Mickey
    Options
    @skiddymarker. A story behind that AT&T bag. Got older 15 year old Granddaughter a new iPhone today. She is about 160 miles north of us and she will not get it till Friday afternoon. She is very excited as 15 year olds can be. So today I have been sticking it in different places and taking a picture and texting to her. This was iPhone cooking on the Egg. The one before was taking it easy. image

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Mickey said:
    @skiddymarker. A story behind that AT&T bag. Got older 15 year old Granddaughter a new iPhone today. She is about 160 miles north of us and she will not get it till Friday afternoon. She is very excited as 15 year olds can be. So today I have been sticking it in different places and taking a picture and texting to her. This was iPhone cooking on the Egg. The one before was taking it easy. image

can you be my grandfather? :o3
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Mickey said:
     A story behind that AT&T bag. Got older 15 year old Granddaughter a new iPhone today. She is about 160 miles north of us and she will not get it till Friday afternoon. She is very excited as 15 year olds can be. So today I have been sticking it in different places and taking a picture and texting to her. This was iPhone cooking on the Egg. The one before was taking it easy.
    Yawn.... Are you going to post your wedding photos next?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• erniemcclain
    Options

Did you soak the lump in moonshine to speed the process?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

Did you soak the lump in moonshine to speed the process?

in TN the only thing we soak with moonshine is our liver....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,654
    Options
    Nice chips mickey! Is that the poodle in the background of the second pic?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

the chips are there to soak up all the messes when he wets himself in the hammock. Cheaper than depends.
  • Mickey
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

That is Nelly.

• Mickey
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @villageidiot you Sir are a mean old man. You make fun of my 15 year old Granddaughter and tell @Chubbs I am a girl. Here is the proof: Mickey said: Chubbs said: Is @Mickey the only gal posting pics of her egg carten? Did VI tell you I was a gal? Don't tell him I told you, but yes... Yes, he did. You are just mean, mean, mean. I'm outta here!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Mickey said:
    @villageidiot I'm outta here!
    Can I have your Egg Carten?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited April 2013
    Options
    :ar!
    Me post failed

XLBGE 
  • Mickey
    Options

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    A story behind that AT&T bag. Got older 15 year old Granddaughter a new iPhone today. She is about 160 miles north of us and she will not get it till Friday afternoon. She is very excited as 15 year olds can be. So today I have been sticking it in different places and taking a picture and texting to her. This was iPhone cooking on the Egg. The one before was taking it easy.

Nice, Mickey - the things we do for our grandkids!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Man @Mickey, can I be your grandson. That is a nice gift. She is a lucky girl to have you as a grandfather.

Back to the mini. This post is exactly why I need one for quick cooks for two pieces of meat. Looks great. How has the heat mat been under the mini in the carten?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Man @Mickey, can I be your grandson. That is a nice gift. She is a lucky girl to have you as a grandfather. Back to the mini. This post is exactly why I need one for quick cooks for two pieces of meat. Looks great. How has the heat mat been under the mini in the carten?

Not sure if you saw my post on that. It burnt the 1/4 inch about a 1/4 way down. So I ordered the 1/2 inch to add and put it under the 1/4 inch so now have 3/4 for cushion and we will see. The big problem is in the two mats have $70 invested( way to much).

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Mickey, can I be your grandson too? I'll bring Katie to play with Nelly.
  • Mickey
    Options
    @Mickey, can I be your grandson too? I'll bring Katie to play with Nelly.
    To cool. Nelly is our third Standard. Our first was Kate and she was white.

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Mickey, you are seriously going to put the "Lump Manufacturers" out of business!!  Or did you buy one of the new "Convection Eggs"?