Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Blackened Chicken and Grilled Pineapple

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,580
Grilled the chicken until they hit 157 deg f before the rest, then threw on the pineapple. Chicken was diced up and served on top of a Cobb Salad. Good stuff! :)
image.jpg 973.4K
·

Comments

• rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Wow. You weren't kidding about being blackened. Looks a little on the charred side but who knows. Probably really juicy.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    =P~ Two of my favorite things! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,060
    Tasty! I like to sprinkle brown sugar and cayenne on pineapple before grilling. Great if you like sweet heat.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Mmmm grilled pineapple.  Pineapple is my one bad addiction and when it's grilled even more so!   
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    I soaked some pineapple in dark spiced rum with a bit of vanilla extract and brown sugar. Then grilled and put on vanilla bean ice cream. Tasty stuff
    Boom
    ·
  • nashbamanashbama Posts: 102
    I made something similar a few nights ago. I had some pineapple slices, pork chops, and Polynesian sauce from Chic-fil-A. Seared the chops on high heat, then lowered the temp and brushed on the sauce. After it formed a caramelized glaze, I grilled the pineapple slices and drizzled a little more sauce on them.

Quick and easy, turned out great.
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,580
    Thx!

@rholt, my wife has a blackening rub she makes that we use once per week on blackened chicken salads. Good stuff. It does get dark though. :) It has a bit of sugar in it. I was also using the CI grid. Very juicy and it tastes great. :) The pic also made it appear more dark than it actually was.

@nashbama, that looks great!!
    ·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Cool man. I figured as much.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,141
    Dyal_SC said:
    Thx! @rholt, my wife has a blackening rub she makes that we use once per week on blackened chicken salads. Good stuff. It does get dark though. :) It has a bit of sugar in it. I was also using the CI grid. Very juicy and it tastes great. :) The pic also made it appear more dark than it actually was. @nashbama, that looks great!!
    Nice, love blackened chicken and fish. Care to ask her to share her blackening rub? 
    Nice looking cook, 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    yea that's how I like a salad!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    That and blackened chicken pasta alfredo is the BEST  for leftovers.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    I would also like your wife's recipe for the blackened rub. Looks awesome dyal!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,580
    She said that she just throws it together....but she always uses paprika and sugar for blackening purposes. I think she's holdin' back!! Stubborn woman.... ;)
    ·
  • I dig that you used fresh pineapple.  That is a great looking cook.
    ·