Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Searching for BGE Table in Raleigh, NC

Does anyone know of someone in the Raleigh area who builds GBE tables?  I know I can buy one at Town and Country but they are close to $1k.  I'm really not that good with wood work and don't have the tools for the job anyway.  My neighbor was going to help me but we just can't seem to get our schedules in line.  Any help/direction would be appreciated.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    You can look up plans online.... you can buy the materials and some of the tools required for probably $200. I dont have a table yet, but have heard from several people who the table was their first wood working job. Buying it pre-made is a waste of money IMO opinion.... Just my .02
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Any carpenter should be able to use the plans online and build you one for less money than the Egg dealers sell them for. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    I have not posted and pitures yet but I just made a table for my XL. Wood was $250.00. My table is huge. 32 H x 32 W x 72 L. I used a compound miter saw, table saw, skill saw and jigg saw. My friend let me use his router for the edges and hole. I am the worst wood worker you will ever meet. I have to say it was not bad. I even used the plans in my head. Never drew them out.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    edited April 2013
    A man has to know his limitations... I bought the standard large table from BGE when I bought may large BGE. I spent a few days staining it and putting 5 coats of a polyurethane finish on it. I of course put 2 beer bottle openers on it. 1 on the right and left corner posts in the front. Then I put a towel rack in the middle of the frame right below the table top. And I put swanky looking little hooks all around the 2 sides and the back to be able to hang my doohickey's on. And... I paid those fools to assemble both the Egg and the table. More money than brains here... LOL
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    HogHeaven, I hear ya brother. Making one would not work for me either.
    Clarendon Hills, IL