Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

3M wire brush used for gasket prep

I saw on one of the many gasket posts, where someone posted a picture of a wire 3M brush that works as an attachment to a drill.  I searched several of the gasket posts but couldn't find the picture that I was looking for.

If that poster or someone else could post it, I would really appreciate.  I have a friend who works at 3M and they have a company store.  He is replacing my gasket also, so he can buy the brush at a big discount.

TIA
·

Comments

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,456
    This is the one you want.  I've used one to install Rutland's on all four of my eggs.  The small's factory gasket finally gave up and I just replaced it last night.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,163
    FWIW the last time I replaced my gasket I did it while the egg was still warm and 95% of the gunk came off with a scrapper with almost no effort. I just gave it a quick brush after scraping  then some acetone and I was good to go.
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    +1 on Hungry _Joe, but then I went a little further, and put fine sandpaper on a block, and smoothed everything down. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,163
    +1  Come to think of it I may have done the same thing, doing it warm was 100% easier then cold.
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,758
    edited April 2013
    BOWHUNR said:
    This is the one you want.  I've used one to install Rutland's on all four of my eggs. 

Right on.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Guys thanks so much for all the comments and especially the picture.  I posted it yesterday afternoon and then didn't have a chance to get on until this morning, and there was my answer.

This is what makes this forum so great.
    ·