Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chimenea

Anybody seen one of these ?
·

Comments

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,443
    Yeah.  Believe it or not my dealer still has one.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,375
    I think Big Green Egg stopped making those.  I recall seeing a few posts about them, and the feeling I always got was it was good to keep 1 person warm (the person standing directly in front of the door). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    Anybody seen one of these ?

My son has one on his patio... Not the BGE version though. We all throw cigar and cigarette butts in it mostly.
    ·
  • You want one?
    ·
  • I grew up around chimeneas, and as has been said, they are great for keeping the person standing in front of the opening warm. I have to imagine the BGE version would be a significant bit more durable than their terra cotta counterparts, especially in colder climates.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I think @fred19flintstone has one.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Anybody seen one of these ?
    Yep.  Everytime I let the dog out to do its business.  I haven't had very long though.  I only used it once, but I enjoyed it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    I have a terra cotta one. Used it twice to make s'mores when the DIL was here.