Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stupid!!!!

So took my platesetter out and set it on the edge.  Right when I did it I thought "I really shouldn't do that."  Next thing you know I knock it over and break two of the legs off!  What an idiot.  Well, that was a $70 mistake - live and learn.  :-(

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    That sucks but I would use it as it is.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,611
    Bright side...knock off the third leg and you just made yourself a nice pizza stone ;)
    +1

I have a PSWoo3 and have been meaning to knock all the legs off of my Platesetter to better work with that and as a secondary stone. Going to do the same thing with my Small Platesetter. No worries. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Sorry to hear about your loss, but now is as good a time as any for an AR with stone. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    JB Weld. Will hold fine for low and slows. Not so much for pizza.
    Mamaroneck
  • Dang that sucks, but you can use it for a stone. 
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,316
    tazcrash said:
    Sorry to hear about your loss, but now is as good a time as any for an AR with stone. 
    x2........just got my new ar customer combo with spider,stone, and drip pan. alot more useful than the platesetter
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    edited April 2013
    JB Weld. Will hold fine for low and slows. Not so much for pizza.
    right, but discover that fact after you convince SWMBO's about the Adjustable rig.   ;)

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,155
    Too bad, but sounds like you had a better alternative already. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    I did the same thing and broke off one leg. Cut the other two off and it makes a perfect indirect piece for the AR

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Can you at least blame the adult beverages?
    We've all done some stupid things in life, don't sweat it
    Take a dremel to that third leg and enjoy your pizza stone
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    Have another cocktail and forget about it. This time next year you won't even remember it ever happened...
  • LitLit Posts: 4,031
    As stated jb weld will hold. I kicked a leg off mine several years ago and it has even survived many pizza cooks.
  • ptmurphyptmurphy Posts: 42
    Unfortunately, I have no excuse... I was completely sober.  I was just in a hurry, set it down, and when a reached around to pick up the cast iron grate behind it, boom. 

Cutting the other leg off is a good idea - I'll give that a try!
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,600
    I was completely sober....

" here's your sign"....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN