Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sacramento

Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Going to be spending a lot of time on the left coast, especially in Sacramento, the next few weeks. Any favorite places to eat, BGE dealers out there?

Comments

• North_Is_Up
    North_Is_Up Posts: 137
    Favorite place to eat is Joe's Crab Shack in Old Town Sac. OK, it's a chain, but it's a fun place. Love a bucket of their crab legs prepared with Old Bay. Check out the vintage railroad trains next door at the museum and the whole Old Sac area. Wooden sidewalks, quaint shops, etc. 
    Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2013
    Ivar's Acres of Clams used to be right there on the waterfront.  Great seafood restaurant.

Edit:  Yep, it's still there. Click here.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    OOPS.  I thought I read Seattle, not Sacramento.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    We just came through Sac on our way to Palm Springs. We wanted to try Guy' restaurant (from Triple D) Tex Wasbai's. Put it in the GPS and off we went. On the way I joked with SWMBO that they were probably under renovation. Sure enough, when we pull up to the joint, they are under renovation. Go figure just our luck. So we went else where, but you may want to try it. Just so you know it is going to be called Johnny Garlics now. Guy has a few of those around Cali. We haven't eaten there but wanted to give Guy's place a shot. We may try to hit it on the way back home.
    Enjoy the area. Not sure about BGE dealers out there.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Since you are around 1.5 hours from San Francisco, go a little further south to Santa Clara and hit up @Smitty at Eggs by the Bay.
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Since you are around 1.5 hours from San Francisco, go a little further south to Santa Clara and hit up @Smitty at Eggs by the Bay.
    Call ahead of time, as he is only open 11 to 5 on Sat and Sun.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • maximus1
    maximus1 Posts: 38
    I grew up in sacramento, try Sam's Hof Brau on Watt Avenue, get the roast beef/dipped sandwich, sam's has been in business over 50 years, one of the best roast beef sandwiches you will ever eat
    2 Large BGE, 1 Small.  
  • We just came through Sac on our way to Palm Springs. We wanted to try Guy' restaurant (from Triple D) Tex Wasbai's. Put it in the GPS and off we went. On the way I joked with SWMBO that they were probably under renovation. Sure enough, when we pull up to the joint, they are under renovation. Go figure just our luck. So we went else where, but you may want to try it. Just so you know it is going to be called Johnny Garlics now. Guy has a few of those around Cali. We haven't eaten there but wanted to give Guy's place a shot. We may try to hit it on the way back home.

he featured his own restaurant on Triple D?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • RAYDOG
    RAYDOG Posts: 2
    Onespeed,Waterboy,Mulvaneys,Jaimies my faves...
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    We just came through Sac on our way to Palm Springs. We wanted to try Guy' restaurant (from Triple D) Tex Wasbai's. Put it in the GPS and off we went. On the way I joked with SWMBO that they were probably under renovation. Sure enough, when we pull up to the joint, they are under renovation. Go figure just our luck. So we went else where, but you may want to try it. Just so you know it is going to be called Johnny Garlics now. Guy has a few of those around Cali. We haven't eaten there but wanted to give Guy's place a shot. We may try to hit it on the way back home.

Yes he has, believe it was the one in Santa Rosa. 
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Tjcoley
    Thanks all. Great suggestions. I'm here next week and will hopefully have time to check some of them out.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Tjcoley
    @Fred19Flintstone. Hopefully safe, but it's business so it won't be fun. Will try to squeeze some fun/food into it.
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited April 2013

This past season he said he would finally show Johnny Garlics because of all the fans wanted to see it.

I had the Cajun chicken pasta at Johnny garlics in Santa Rosa and it was very good!

There are a bunch of places from his show where you will be, I've been to 51 DDD places and had a good overall experience at everyone. Gatsby's Diner looks like a really cool place that was on DDD in Sacramento www.gatsbysdiner.com/
    http://m.gatsbysdiner.com/
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.