Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ingenuity at it's finest...

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/for/3744534255.html

I think the price might be a LITTLE out of my reach
Large BGE

Comments

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Guess they have that Webber to store the Egg's accessories in ?  My Webber sits next to my egg, it has never be operated since buying an egg three years ago --  i use it to set my brillo pad on -- thats it!!!
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Wowzers

XLBGE 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    The RG8000 is the ultimate cooking station in the universe.... really, the universe? mangrates again
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Wow! That's overpriced even if the grills are included!
  • B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Glup.  Really a pressure treated table.  Such a deal ;)
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Part of the price might be the neighborhood. Just down the road from the 4 highest income ZIPs in Indiana.
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Maybe the price includes the ribeyes in the 2nd photo. Ribeyes are getting a bit pricey these days.

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    gdenby said:
    Part of the price might be the neighborhood. Just down the road from the 4 highest income ZIPs in Indiana.
    That could very well be.  I live in Hamilton County but yeah I wouldn't pay 1500 bucks for that.....Those Zionsville people :)  

You from the area @gdenby?
    Large BGE

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I know a few dumb rich people but most aren't and would probably buy something nicer. I do like the idea of a table top lump bin or trash receptacle.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • gdenby
    I'm not saying its not nice. I like the look of top "rafters" w. the hanging plants. But, there is a strategy that says charge high.

I knew a fellow, a "piano mechanic," who had his own piano store for awhile. He mostly carried K. Kawai pianos. He was able to demonstrate to me that they were built to as high a standard as Steinways. He also had a franchise for Bosendorfers, whose quality was stratospheric. Anyway, at the time, the K. Kawai were relatively inexpensive. He charged around $4k for a baby grand. A fairly well off lady had been looking over his stock, and he offered to knock the price down substantially. She said she would get back to him in a week.  When she did, she told him she had instead decided to buy one from a brand that, while quite good, was no where near that of the K. Kawai. He was distressed, and asked if the other vendor had beaten his offer. He was stunned when he found that, no, the other vendor had sold the piano for $5K.

Evidently, for her, the cost was where the quality lay.
  • gdenby
    EddieK76 said:
    gdenby said:
    That could very well be.  I live in Hamilton County but yeah I wouldn't pay 1500 bucks for that.....Those Zionsville people :)  

I lived in Indy for awhile in the early 70s, and my younger daughter and SIL moved into Carmel last year. So I'm somewhat familiar w. the area. But I'm up in So. Bend.
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    gdenby said:
    EddieK76 said:
    gdenby said:

I lived in Indy for awhile in the early 70s, and my younger daughter and SIL moved into Carmel last year. So I'm somewhat familiar w. the area. But I'm up in So. Bend.
    Gotcha!   Yep i'm in Noblesville off of 146th :)
    Large BGE

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited April 2013
    Maybe if it came with the BGE...
    But it doesn't.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • My Weber sits all along behind my shop since I got my LBGE

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"