Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Looking for a good chicken breast recipe? whats your go to chicken recipe?

Also do you do direct or indirect?

• Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448

I grill mine direct at 350. I also raise my grid with the Spider from the ceramic grill store. I use the Raging River rub or the original TX BBQ Rub. Take them off when they are 160 internal temp. Also during cooking, I baste them with an Italian Dressing/melted butter mixture that I whip up. Gives them a good flavor.

• HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    edited April 2013
    I cook direct at above normal grid level for breasts. If you are cooking bone in and with skin on just cook them at 350 degrees just like most recipes call for in your indoor oven. It will take 30 to 40 minutes. If you are using boneless skinless breasts. Cover them with cling wrap and pounds them down so they are the same thickness all over or the skinny tail will be too done by the time the thick end is cooked to 160 degrees. Here is my favorite sauce and marinade for both pork chops and chicken parts. I love the flavor of this sauce and marinate. With chicken I don't make the dipping sauce. I do use the dipping sauce with pork chops. Try it you might like it.
  • Brine with salt and sugar for 2 hrs. Sous Vide at 147 for an hour or more and finish with Reverse sear when I'm ready to eat them. I like tsunami spin, raging river, salt and pepper and Greek seasoning.

• these are all great thank you. I will post pics later.
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Brining is important, i use a Broaster product called "chickite" for six hours minimum.  Season with Lawery's Poultry Seasoning.  Cook at 350 stabilized degrees, direct, at gasket level to a internal temperature of 160 turning once, 15 minute rest and serve.
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    How about stuffing them? I finally tried it last weekend and they were awesome! 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,451
    For a simple boneless, skinless breast, I like S and P, and some Lemon Herb seasoning, done raised direct at 375 - 400. Nice tender, juicy and flavorful.
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 282
    Brining is very important.  I use a "lite" brine, around 3.5% salt solution.  (35 grams salt per liter h2o), one of the old timers on greeneggers taught me this.  Then I add a bit of my favorite marinade 3-4 oz and a few splashes of what ever else I feel like.  Cool this solution to refrigerator temps before placing the breasts in and then brine breasts for 2-3 hours.  I usually dust with a coat of my favorite dry rub and then I go indirect, 400-450 until 160 internal.  Use a lite fruit smoke wood (apple, cherry, peach etc).  Yum.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN