Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bless me father, for I have sinned.

This may be the best thing I've ever put in my mouth. 

I smoked the pork yesterday and made these today. 

Pulled pork, mozzarella, Blues Hog sauce, all deep fried in my 100 year old Wagner CI deep frying pan. Not pictured is one with vinegar cole slaw. It is by far the best with the cole slaw. 

Cole Slaw: cut up cabbage, salt lick dry rub, olive oil and red wine vinegar. 

Credit goes to Nibble Me This. What a cool blog. Here is a LINK
imageimageimage
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
·

Comments

• yeah buddy. I saw that on nibble me this last week. Gotta try this

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    yeah buddy. I saw that on nibble me this last week. Gotta try this
    Dude, do it now. Its beyond amazing. 
    ·
  • awesome. can't wait. I'll do it next weekend for sure. I've been wanting to do a butt anyway. Now i have an excuse.

·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,610
    That's a great recipe site and those look amazing.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,577
    Oh, Lord! Satan, get thee behind me.

After just looking, I must say the Litany to the Virgin while on a treadmill.
    ·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,017
    Hey @travisstrick, these looks great, definitely on the list, I even have some good pulled pork in the freezer.

The picture above looks like it does have coleslaw; did you put more slaw on top after? What am I missing?

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
    I am an idiot. The pic on top has the slaw. The final serving pic doesn't. 
    ·
  • Travis your not an idiot lol. If you look close just I see cabbage the main ingredient of slaw, so your all good. :D looks good.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Like a giant Chinese egg roll ---------------  that has got to be a killer !!
    ·
  • Travis your not an idiot lol. If you look close just I see cabbage the main ingredient of slaw, so your all good. :D looks good.
    Oh he is (just ask Mrs. Strickland).  It just has nothing to do with this.

·

:-O after yesterday I thought we were supposed to be nice? Or was that just @henapple? ; >:)
    ·

:-O after yesterday I thought we were supposed to be nice? Or was that just @henapple? ; >:)
    Sadly, this is me being nice :))

·
  • These look fantastic! I'll do them soon then shop for a cardiologist. But they look worth it!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 2,590
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of pulled pork. Or something like that. All joking aside, these look tremendous. That blog is worth following too!
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

In Durham, NC, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,451
    Why do you post things like that when I have nothing to eat in the house
    ^:)^
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,589
    at least the thread wasn't titled " check my egg roll out".
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    I am ready. Just need all the stuff: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Did PPork yesterday.  Looks like leftovers are destined for this. 
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,891
    Man oh man...I bookmarked this when Chris posted it last week...now you have given me a new sense of urgency to cook this.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    You had me at "deep fried"... those look phenomenal!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 2,590
    Honestly I feel like doing a pork butt just so I can try making these.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

In Durham, NC, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Heck yeah!!! I want some. Roll one up for me.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Hey , don't blame me...it was the Rib Shak's fault, they put the idea in my head.

Loved your input about Trigger's too!  The seafood is only decent but the breakfasts are fantastic!
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 277
    Yea, but NibbleMe can't follow a recipe to save his soul, so it is "kind of" original.  I get to watch his cooks ring side (I am his neighbor).  I can also testify that his blog is definitely worth your time reading.  He knows his stuff and rarely ever cooks the same thing twice.  How many of you can say that, not me for sure.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
    ·
    bump so i can copy the link on my phone and txt it to henapple. 
    ·
  • @travisstrick I know this is an old thread, but I'm making these tomorrow. Do you know what your ratio of meat to slaw was inside the eggroll?  Thanks!
    --------------------------------------
    30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.

·
  • Wow, that does look sinful.  Good thing I have a butt going right now. Thanks for sharing the link.
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,093
    Bump
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,287
    Next up on the list!  =D>
    Large & Mini, Cumming, GA  
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • jcasparyjcaspary Posts: 1,477
    Very nice!! So I need to make pulled pork to make sliders, nachos, pizza, and now egg rolls. Anything else? Pretty soon there won't be enough pulled pork for sandwiches.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
    ·