Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mickey, this one's for you whereever you are

Options
Mickey,
Since you are the ultimate ambassador for the Mini BGE, I couldn't help but sing this song during my entire cook this evening, while cooking on my Mini.

That's actually me singing.

I cooked the Mongolian pork chops that was recommended by HogHeaven.  Click here.

Here is the cook.  VERY tasty and I like the mustard sauce alot.  I'm sure it'll work on other types of meat.

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Those are killer pork chops. Haven't seen them cut that thick since I left Iowa.

That table and the placemats look familiar... but I don't recognize the OP's handle... hmmm.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    caliking said:

That table and the placemats look familiar... but I don't recognize the OP's handle... hmmm.
    Yes, they look very similar to mine.  BUT, Village Idiot would NEVER sing a love song to Mickey.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    The 18oz glass of wine gives it away.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    :x
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Pendejo?????????
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Etymology

From Spanish pendejo.

[edit]Noun

pendejo (plural pendejos)

1. (slang, pejorative) A stupid person; a dumbasscreep.

[edit]Usage notes

• Typically only used by Spanish-speaking people.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    BTW, que se ve increíble. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    It does look familiar.... :-?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    I seem to remember a few posts from Pendejo a while back, mostly in Spanish as I recall
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I think  Pendejo is nice. NOTHING like vi....... Maybe  Pendejo is the nice one and vi is the evel vespa rideing twin.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Pendejo
    Pendejo Posts: 22
    Options
    Mickey said:
    I think  Pendejo is nice. NOTHING like vi....... Maybe  Pendejo is the nice one and vi is the evel vespa rideing twin.

:x
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    This unrequited bromance does not make me sad. Oddly enough, I'm repulsed, but I can't look away.
    Flint, Michigan
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Options
    Pandejo... Excellent cook! How did you like it? I actually use that marinade on bone in and skin on chicken thighs more than I do with pork chops these days. Both are really good I think.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Pendejo
    Pendejo Posts: 22
    Options
    HogHeaven said:
    Pandejo... Excellent cook! How did you like it? I actually use that marinade on bone in and skin on chicken thighs more than I do with pork chops these days. Both are really good I think.
    Loved it, HH.  I can see how it would be good on chicken too.  I liked the mustard sauce a lot also.  With 2 tablespoons of hot Chinese mustard powder and a pinch of cayenne, I thought it would be hotter than a firecracker, but amazingly, it didn't seem very hot at all.  Thanks for linking to the recipe.  Your post is why I made it.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I saw the name and it immediately sounded familiar and I knew who it was.

I guess I just get the Texas humor!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Pendejo said:
    HogHeaven said:
    Loved it, HH.  I can see how it would be good on chicken too.  I liked the mustard sauce a lot also.  With 2 tablespoons of hot Chinese mustard powder and a pinch of cayenne, I thought it would be hotter than a firecracker, but amazingly, it didn't seem very hot at all.  Thanks for linking to the recipe.  Your post is why I made it.

I got on to that recipe a while ago and not a week has gone by that I haven't done it with pork or chicken thighs... It's crazy good. I'm even buying the Hoisin sauce in the big 20oz bottles now. It's about half as much per ounce if you buy that big bottle. I double the recipe every time now so I always have some fermenting in the refer. I think i need rehab on this dish.