Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adj. Rig vs Swing Rack

piney
piney Posts: 1,478
I am debating buying some type of grid system. I now use the fire brick trick to raise the grid and it works ok however, I would like something else mainly to obtain more room. I would like to hear pros & cons on the AR and the Swing Rack System. They both look very good to me and the prices are very close.
Lenoir, N.C.

Comments

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Decision is over just talked to Tom at the Ceramic Grill Store, ordered customer combo pkg, very nice fellow to deal with, can't wait to try out new toy. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    just ordered the same setup myself, been using one for several years and just got another for my camp egg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Kruegs
    Kruegs Posts: 128

I am giong to bump this post because I was interested in hearing comments from folks.  I really like the idea of being able to easily access food on the lower grate by swinging the upper grate out of the way, but I also like the versatility offered by the Customer Combo.

Any pros and cons you are willing to share would be very helpful!

XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    No offense, but a simple search will show you that there are over 150 threads discussing this very subject.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I was going to post when you first did it but I clicked right after you made your decision. 

I have the Swing Rack and love it. I believe it is the best option to fit my needs, since it allows more access to the bottom grate to flip things over, is just three pieces, and is built to last. It also works with my platesetter, that I had for years before I even knew about this forum. You can also get good sear marks with the carbon steel that works like cast iron. I even use the spider with the top tier of my swing rack to sear steaks right above the fire. I will be getting a Swing Rack for my small egg as soon as it comes out. 

I have a woo for my small and spider for my large so I am not anti anyone, I just buy the best product that will fill MY needs. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • I ordered the Adjustable Rig Combo from CGS yesterday...I'm new to Egging, but I want to have more grill space and I love doing ribs in my convection oven, so I can't wait to try to do them on my BGE!!

Iowa, 1 BGEXL, 1BGEMiniMax, a truck, a camper and some horses and atvs :D Let's play!