Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

ASH TOOL!!!!

i was using one of the kids little beach shovel for a while but was getting frustrated!!! found a old golden bear golf club in the shed works great!!!! nice long handle,easy to scoop!!!imageimage
036.JPG 3.4M
037.JPG 3.3M
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Nice adaptation. Got some old clubs in the garage and will have to try one n
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,819
    The only ash tool I use is a giant craftsman shop vac.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,572
    Glad someone finally found a use for a 1 iron.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,295
    That will get you a nice patina for chipping. Those Vokeys are getting hard to find.
    ·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    I couldn't tell where that ash shovel is that came with my BGE. Travis is right, shop vac is the way to go. You want to take your fire box out every once in a while too. Lots of ash slips through the air holes.
    ·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    You just voided your warranty
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
    Hi54putty said:
    Glad someone finally found a use for a 1 iron.

Can't be a 1 iron. No way in hell to hit that little hole.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    You just voided your warranty

Who just voided their warranty?
    ·
  • IkeIke Posts: 1
    Yo!  Careful with using the shop vac to clean the egg.  Did that and really liked the job done on the Egg interior.  Put the vac away and a few weeks later fired up the vac only to have all that dust come out the vent.  Seems the filter band slipped and out came the dust.  Got it stopped but not before covering everything in the garage with a fine film ;-)
    ·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 2,455
    I like this idea, particularly since my golf game is more "in the woods" than "Tiger Woods".  
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • Shop vac sounds like a good idea but, while no one has said it, you've got to be absolutely certain that there are not hidden embers before using it this way.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.