Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A Porcine Pictoral....or "Chubby Chops".

ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,938
edited 4:05AM in EggHead Forum
RagingRibChops.jpg
<p />This title..."Chubby Chops"(my wife's comment) is somehow unsettling,now that I see it on paper!![p]Aaaannnnnyway.....[p]Pictured above are two, beautiful 1.5" "Berkshire" Rib Chops! [p]Brine:[p]1/2 cup Dark Brown Surgar
1/3 cup Raging River
1 1/2 cups hot water
1/4 cup Knob Creek
1 tsp Oriental Mustard powder[p]*stir well to disolve..add 1 cup ice to cool and add Chops*.[p]Here they are after a 2 hours, brined, rinsed. and dried.[p]Ready to go!![p]
RagingRibChops1.jpg[p]Liberally dust with more Raging River! (from the home office in Failfax, Va.)[p]Sear 90 seconds @ 600, rested 15 minutes, finished @ 450 4 minutes a side.[p]RagingRibChops4.jpg[p]Pulled @ 138 degrees., rested 5 minutes...150 finished temp.[p]RagingRibChops6.jpg[p][p][p]

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
·

Comments

• Chubby,[p]Do you reuse your brine? If so, do you boil it before putting it away?
    ·
  • Those are pretty...I bet Chritopher loves you.
    ·
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,938
    BabyBoomBBQ,[p]Sometimes I do reuse ....(boil hard for 3-4 minutes and refrigerate).[p]Sometimes...I boil... add some cream, or butter, or more Knob Creek and reduce for a pan sauce.[p]Small amounts I usually pitch.[p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,295
    Chubby,
    i would have no problems measuring out the knobb creek for the brine, but using 1/3 cup raging river would break my heart for 2 chops, those do look good though.

·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Chubby,
    There you go using wierd words again. You had to look that one up, didn't you?... "Porcine". The definition I saw was
    "resembling a swine or pig...a bald, porcine old man".[p]This is this some sort of subliminal character assasination aimed at me, isn't it? You dog, you![p]Great looking chops, BTW![p]Lawn "plump and shiny" Ranger

·
    fishlessman,[p]LOL!![p]sometimes...we do what we have to do!![p]Evans[p]
    ·
    Buddy Lawn:[p]Not much get by you...does it!![p]
    Evans

·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Chubby,
    I'm actually fear that I'm beginning to understand the way you think, and I'm sure that there's a law against it in most states.[p]Mike[p]

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Chubby,
    Looks great Chubby. Got chops for us tonight.
    It can quit raining any day now.[p]Mike
    carshower.bmp

·
    Lawn Ranger,[p]If you can't do the time...don't do the crime!![p]Evans
    ·
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I think Ann and I are a go for Oklahoma!![p]Evans[p]PS...take that rain while you can get it!!

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    beans2.jpg
    <p />Chubby,
    Great, I can't wait to see you guys. Are you cooking, I have my menu set.
    Remember I do own a car wash. 5 days of rain really doesn't help the bottom line. Maybe a good weekend.
    It would be good for all of us to get away for awhile.[p]Mike
    I feel OK needs magical fruit.

·
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Chubby,[p]Sooooooo . . . . how were they?? Could you notice an interior flavor with only 2 hours of brining? I've only brined once and it was chicken breasts and I did it WAY too long - just wondering if this 2 hour time did you right.[p]And, come on, I mean, these pics are amazing as usual, but where's that macro cross-sectional shot with juices going everywhere??[p]Great job (again) and cheers,[p]TRex
    ·
    Master Jason:,[p]I now see Grasshopper....you have become too dependant on the "Macro".[p]Put down the mouse....Close your eyes!![p]Now...see the Chop's grain...be the grain.[p]Breathe in....Let the aroma be in your soul.[p]Then, and only then...can you become "One with the Chop"!!
    ·
  • billygbillyg Posts: 315
    call it whatever you want, looks terrific.
    ·