Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

left over steak

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
thanks to @dweebs0 I made some great sandwiches tonight. left over strip steaks... ground in the processor then warmed up in the au jus mix. piled on toasted hoagie buns and smothered with cheese. candied jalapenos on mine... thanks @Mickey.

hard to beat
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options

Heh - left over steak?  Never seen such a thing.

The sandwich looks good.  I saw you checking for the au jus recipe earlier.  How was it?

• henapple
    Options
    it's awesome....
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    That's a nice looking sammich!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    Options
    "Leftover steak" makes as much sense as "leftover wine"...  :-O

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    That looks really good!  =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    What no bacon? I am disappointed. Still, looks pretty good. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Options
    Hmmm... Left over steaks? You need counseling as a chef. Never heard of such of an occurrence. I suggest you go to Meathead for your rehabilitation. You will find him at Amazingribs.com. Click on his rubs, brines and marinade files. Read carefully and follow his detailed instructions. This fallacy of left over steaks will be cured post haste!
  • henapple
    Options
    I always cook extra for the family... when I'm out of town she has an easy dinner. also I make extra for these sandwiches although the best I've had was with a ruined brisket flat.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    when I'm out of town she has an easy dinner

When you are out of town she probably has an easy life

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX