Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

left over steak

henapplehenapple Posts: 14,800
thanks to @dweebs0 I made some great sandwiches tonight. left over strip steaks... ground in the processor then warmed up in the au jus mix. piled on toasted hoagie buns and smothered with cheese. candied jalapenos on mine... thanks @Mickey.

hard to beat
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

• LDRLDR Posts: 277

Heh - left over steak?  Never seen such a thing.

The sandwich looks good.  I saw you checking for the au jus recipe earlier.  How was it?

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,800
    it's awesome....
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    That's a nice looking sammich!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• BotchBotch Posts: 3,487
    "Leftover steak" makes as much sense as "leftover wine"...  :-O
    Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  
    Ogden, Utard.  
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    That looks really good!  =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,214
    What no bacon? I am disappointed. Still, looks pretty good. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    Hmmm... Left over steaks? You need counseling as a chef. Never heard of such of an occurrence. I suggest you go to Meathead for your rehabilitation. You will find him at Click on his rubs, brines and marinade files. Read carefully and follow his detailed instructions. This fallacy of left over steaks will be cured post haste!
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,800
    I always cook extra for the family... when I'm out of town she has an easy dinner. also I make extra for these sandwiches although the best I've had was with a ruined brisket flat.
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,767
    when I'm out of town she has an easy dinner

When you are out of town she probably has an easy life

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX