Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Pork Sammiches (lots of pix)

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,580

Turbo'd this little dude at 325 deg f for about 4 hours with some Apple Wood and Whiskey Barrel Oak Chips.  Never foiled...just let him do it's thing.  It was about 3.5 or 4 pounds.  Spritzed it with some Apple Cider Vinegar every so often.  Served up on a bun with some SC mustard-based BBQ sauce, of course!!!  ;)  Very, very good!  :)

The bark was out of this world delicious!  :)

Melted right off the bone...

Oh yeah....  ;)

·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 615
    No slaw on the Sammy? Looks great.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • did you make the sauce? Recipe? I've never made mustard sauce.Would love a good recipe for it

·
  • tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    Nice butt!  
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,716
    Cen-Tex, here is a recipe, but I can't vouch for it. On my to do list; http://www.meatwave.com/blog/south-carolina-mustard-barbecue-sauce-recipe
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,716
    That rocks Dyal. I cooked an 8 pounder Saturday. Started at 250 for 4 hours, then bumped it to 350. It was getting on to 6 hours in and I hadn't stalled yet, so at 170*, I cheated and foiled for the rest of the trip to 195*, and then turned out we got busy drinking and didn't pull it for 3 hours later. The FTC held it no problem, it only dropped 20*. Very moist, with a smoke ring, but I think I killed what bark there was doing the foil time.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Looks good Dyal... I had fast food hot dogs.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Looks awesome! I need to try some mustard based sauce, I haven't tried any on egg'd food yet. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,845
    Looking really good!  Look at all that bark on the featured sammie...bet that one was yours ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Looks great! Onion rings too.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Nicely done @Dyal_SC! I could for that right now.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    @500 @Cen-Tex The first time I used that recipe, I was immediately convince that it was going into my standard sauce rotation.  I keep a jar of that at all times in my fridge now.  Sooooooooooooo good and simple.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
    ·
  • Even the onion rings look good

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 336
    What kind of rub did you use @Dyal_SC?
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 851
    My stepson LOVES the mustard sauce on French fries.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,399
    That is almost heaven on earth! Mustard sauce is the best!

(For me, heaven in Bessinger's BBQ off 17 in Charleston. I've been eating that stuff since I was in the womb)
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,580
    Thx, guys and gals! I didn't make the sauce. I usually have Shealy's mustard based sauce in my fridge. @500, that looks like a good recipe...similar to what I make. I use apple cider vinegar in mine though, and I don't use ketchup. @bccomstock, it's a homemade rub that my buddy and I are working to get on the market. Name of our business is Blue Boys BBQ. You can find us online and on FB. @Eggcelsior, that is some good que! Used to eat there quite a bit when I lived in Charleston. :)
    ·