Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did Ace stop selling Wicked Good Charcoal?

I bought from them using "site to store" all last summer, and just opened my last bag yesterday.  Figured I'd order another hundred pounds or so, but can't find it on their website now.  

Back to Walmart Royal Oak looks like, since free shipping is hard to find. Anyone else noticed it's gone from their site?

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    WGC is currently in negotiations with Ace to continue carrying it.
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    Ah gotcha, thanks for the info.  Might just get some Royal oak to hold me over till the decision is made.  Any link to keep posted on the negotiation? 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    No. I have been in communication with WGC personally. That is what I was told. Apparently, someone else heard that they might have an answer next Friday.
  • Jackh
    Jackh Posts: 109
    I just got three bags my local Ace store in Gasport NY ordered for me three weeks ago
    Lg&Sm ---Middleport NY
  • rabdogg
    rabdogg Posts: 43
    I noticed that too. I hope they figure it out...I'm on my last bag too.
    Green Eggin' in Lafayette, Louisiana
  • I just picked up 6 bags yesterday that was shipped to store.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Buy direct from the store if you can guys.. From what ive been told, the store does not get any benefit if you purchase site to store. I think it has to do with some being individually owned.
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    JWBurns said:
    Buy direct from the store if you can guys.. From what ive been told, the store does not get any benefit if you purchase site to store. I think it has to do with some being individually owned.
    I tried this and the store told me it didn't matter.  It was probably around my second big order, I just mentioned when I picked up the load that next time I would just order through them to help locally, they said they didn't care either way.  I took it as strange, but never tried again.
  • BigGreenBBQ
    BigGreenBBQ Posts: 109
    I usually buy it from online and have had it shipping to the store for free more then a few times. Since a few more people were doing the same my local ACE started to carry it (and it was cheaper than the online price). I have 8 bags so I am set for a while -- I hope its either offered online again or if not I hope I can still order it from the store (someone said to just go to the store and order via the UPC... not sure it will work if WGC and ACE are in some dispute)...