Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd. attempt at turbo ribs

bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Pickup some St.Louis style ribs to try the turbo method again my first attempt was so so .(and forgot to pull the membrane ) .XLBGE is settled out at 350 dome ribs coated with yellow mustard and perk up your pork and dizzy dust rubs ( membrane removed this time ) . Going with pecan chips this time since am trying to follow @CharlieTuna advice . I'll during a hour on the grill then a hour wrapped maybe a little juice in it . then unwrapped and sauced back on the egg to glaze . This is only the second time doing ribs for me so any suggestions would be appreciated .plan is to start at two and eat by 4:30 today
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• bigphil
    Seems like a amish shunned thread oh well was a fail anyway  =))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    What happened?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • bigphil
    one tough other two over done 
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    "bigphil" --  I am the last to learn anything about ribs!!  Now i have been talking about butts though!!   You teach me about them.   I use pecan chunks on my turbo butts for the un-wrapped portion of the cook. 
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    edited April 2013
    <P>@<A class=Username href="http://eggheadforum.com/profile/58363/bigphil"><STRONG><FONT color=#00573d size=3>bigphil</FONT></STRONG></A></P>
    <P>St. Louis ribs @ 325 for 2 to 2 1/2 hours indirect, then wrap and add honey, brown sugar and melted butter to the foil before wrapping. Back on for an hour. Unwrap and back on for 5 minutes to tighten up, then sauce and go another 5 minutes. The first part of the cook time to be determined by some pull back on the bone.</P>
    <P>Sounds like your cook time would have them all under cooked.</P>
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • bigphil
    @charlieTuna your correct i was thinking turbo butts because that was my intention today but the family wanted ribs and the pecan wood stuck in my head .next weekend trying your way with the butts 

@billyray thanks i wil do it that way next time ,family liked them thought they were good tonight but in my book a fail