Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

thread titles

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited April 2013
    The ladies (all four) called me and suggested if we kick Travis off the forum more if their gender would join. Funny that they all said VI reminded them of that 97 year old Grandfather living in the nursing home and to keep him.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• COegger
    COegger Posts: 58
    As a lady who reads the forum almost daily, I'll put in my two cents.  I haven't really posted much. Personally, I could do without the sexual double entendres but they're infrequent enough not to drive me away.  I appreciate people like @Village Idiot who are willing to call it out.  I think that helps to keep this the great place that it is.  It is easier to live with than the bullying that was going on a year ago.  I think there was even a thread listing all of the "stupid" questions that people ask. Since that kind of attitude has gone away, I've seen a huge growth in new people and a great core group of people willing to answer their questions and point them in the right direction.  I also think the knowledge, creativity, camaraderie and humor has grown, too. 

It is an interesting point that VI makes about the differences between the two forums.  I think the difference has more to do with the history of the two places than anything else. 
  • COegger said:
    As a lady who reads the forum almost daily, I'll put in my two cents.  I haven't really posted much. Personally, I could do without the sexual double entendres but they're infrequent enough not to drive me away.  I appreciate people like @Village Idiot who are willing to call it out.  I think that helps to keep this the great place that it is.  It is easier to live with than the bullying that was going on a year ago.  I think there was even a thread listing all of the "stupid" questions that people ask. Since that kind of attitude has gone away, I've seen a huge growth in new people and a great core group of people willing to answer their questions and point them in the right direction.  I also think the knowledge, creativity, camaraderie and humor has grown, too. 

It is an interesting point that VI makes about the differences between the two forums.  I think the difference has more to do with the history of the two places than anything else. 
    Thanks for the input. We really do value your opinion. I would imagine that there are several guys on here that feel the same as you. I'm not sure it's as much a "women vs. guy thing". It does not bother my wife at all. She lives with me and 2 teenage boys and we are way more blue at home than I am on the forum. She thinks it's funny. She actually takes offense at the thought she can't handle an off-color joke because she is a woman. I agree with her. i think it has to do with each person's make up and not their gender. 

Either way, we are really glad to have you and very glad you feel comfortable adding your opinion to the discussion. I think it's important that everyone has a voice. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • blueinatl
    blueinatl Posts: 94
    I find the topics amusing and I find myself giggling like a little boy (and I'm one of those girls on the forum).
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    edited April 2013
    The ladies are always a great asset for opinion and cooking. They need to be respected properly and whatever you post on here should be with the intent of it going to a mixed crowd. Save the sexual innuendo for the backyard when you know exactly who is listening. I come here to learn and exchange ideas with everyone. I will state right here right now... I will not offend anyone on this site with disrespectful words, ever!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @COegger... thanks. I really hold back and if I ever cross the line just call me call me out. o would never want to drive someone away. I have a wife and daughter that I guess have gotten used to it. my 13 year old son keeps me laughing at farts and boob jokes.

again... stick around and let me know if I offend . thanks again
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    @COegger... thanks. I really hold back and if I ever cross the line just call me call me out. o would never want to drive someone away. I have a wife and daughter that I guess have gotten used to it. my 13 year old son keeps me laughing at farts and boob jokes. again... stick around and let me know if I offend . thanks again
    right there with you. This is as clean as I can get. I tone it down 50x when I'm on here. Still not good enough for some but I try to keep it in check

• This is a perfect example of how electronic communication gets lost in the translation.  Sarcasm can be very hard to detect when you read it versus hearing someone's voice.  Thank you all for your contributions.  Personally, the bathroom humor can be hilarious.  Excuse me, but I need to go check my butt.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Greeno55 said:
    I think the intent of my post(s) was misinterpreted.  I think I was somewhat ruffled that this Greeno55 guy suggested that Henapple leave the forum if he didn't like his innuendos.  Henapple is one of the best contributors on this forum, and that suggestion was uncalled for, IMHO. This forum has gotten out of hand in this regard before and needed a slight push to get back to decency.

This forum has a much different personality than the other forum, and for the most part, I like it that way.  But, it is interesting to me that the other forum has about 50% male and 50% female participants, and this one has very few female (I can think of 3 occasional posters off the top of my head). Coincidence? I think not.

VI, I'm afraid you completely misinterpreted my comments. I was piggybacking on the humour henapple introduced and was using the general "you". I agree with you henapple, as with you are some of e best contributors on here. This thread made me laugh, because I think the same things when I see them. @henapple, I hope you didn't think I was suggesting you take off. What I meant by let 'em fly is let's hear them. Apparently they offend some people, and therefore maybe we shouldn't after all. Once again, sarcasm gets lost in text.

Don't worry about it Greeno...Henapple is a douche

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• COegger
    COegger Posts: 58
    i think it has to do with each person's make up and not their gender. 

Probably this since I do have four sisters and no brothers.  I'm also think I'm older than a lot of you guys so maybe that has something to do with it.  I'm not really comfortable being "one of the guys" and feel there's a time and place for everything.  I wasn't offended and I appreciate the nice words.  In the meantime, one of these days I'm going to find time to photograph a cook and post it here.  It will be spectacular and worth the wait I'm sure 

;)
  • COegger said:

Probably this since I do have four sisters and no brothers.  I'm also think I'm older than a lot of you guys so maybe that has something to do with it.  I'm not really comfortable being "one of the guys" and feel there's a time and place for everything.  I wasn't offended and I appreciate the nice words.  In the meantime, one of these days I'm going to find time to photograph a cook and post it here.  It will be spectacular and worth the wait I'm sure 

;)
    I have 2 sisters and they look at me like I'm from mars :). I also work with 2 women that I am very close with who think I am an idiot. They are 10 years older and WAY more conservative than me. I'm the first person they call when they want to go have a fun dinner though.They always ask my wife how she does it (live with me) when they see each other. It's fun though and we all get along great. 

We are glad to have you and get that camera fired up!

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    edited April 2013

I KNOW!!! I'm PM'd him earlier to make sure he didn't misinterpret my original post, and he said he didn't and we're good. What a jerk! :))
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Little Steven
    COegger said:

;)
    Apologies for my previous post
    :\">

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple

Greeno55 said:

I think the intent of my post(s) was misinterpreted.  I think I was somewhat ruffled that this Greeno55 guy suggested that Henapple leave the forum if he didn't like his innuendos.  Henapple is one of the best contributors on this forum, and that suggestion was uncalled for, IMHO. This forum has gotten out of hand in this regard before and needed a slight push to get back to decency.

This forum has a much different personality than the other forum, and for the most part, I like it that way.  But, it is interesting to me that the other forum has about 50% male and 50% female participants, and this one has very few female (I can think of 3 occasional posters off the top of my head). Coincidence? I think not.
    VI, I'm afraid you completely misinterpreted my comments. I was piggybacking on the humour henapple introduced and was using the general "you". I agree with you henapple, as with you are some of e best contributors on here. This thread made me laugh, because I think the same things when I see them. @henapple, I hope you didn't think I was suggesting you take off. What I meant by let 'em fly is let's hear them. Apparently they offend some people, and therefore maybe we shouldn't after all. Once again, sarcasm gets lost in text.

I'm taking into consideration that came from Canada....
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    So it still ok to say "SWMBO is upset because I made a mess while rubbing my butt in the kitchen"?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• henapple
    I've made it a point to not post on Facebook when drinking. I'd do the same here but couldn't post after 1pm.
  • henapple said:
    I've made it a point to not post on Facebook when drinking. I'd do the same here but couldn't post after 1pm.
    It would cut my post count WAY down..........I'm sure some would find that a good thing :))

• Little Steven
    That's why we love you

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited April 2013
    I had a great "thread title" to throw out there, but I'm going to save it for later :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    I am sooooo proud of myself for sitting this one out
    :-h

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• I am sooooo proud of myself for sitting this one out
    :-h
    you're self control has been impressive doc!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2013
    Well, it seems that not one person was in agreement with me to try to bring the forum back to a decent rating.  So, I'll join in.  I can talk trash with the best of  you.  I could even make Cen-Tex and his wife blush.

I cooked hot dogs last night, and my wife was squeezing my weiner, hoping some juice would come out.  
    :)) :)) :))

Also, I saw a hot babe at the grocery store, which reminded me that I want to try stuffing some big watermelons soon.  And, for some reason, I dreamed of eating tacos last night.
    :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Little Steven
    That's it! I'm outa here!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    That's it! I'm outa here!
    You spelled it wrong.  Not enough "u"s.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Little Steven
    edited April 2013
    I can't respond cause I'm really outa here, this time...I mean it

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I can't respond cause I'm really outa here, this time...I mean it
    Was it the off-colour humour?
  • Little Steven
    No man it was the off color humor

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,830
    LS sure posts a lot for a guy who is oota here

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Village Idiot
    I'm going to do some stir frys tonight and use my spider to set my wok on.  Question:  do you girls like it "legs up" or "legs down" when you do it?   =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
      =))

VI, what are you doing with your hands??

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.