Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Changing Out Large Table

Options
Hi all,

I'm looking at upgrading my BGE Large table for a new one. My question is -- after removing the dome what are some ideas on how to lift out the "Large" base without breaking your back? I guess I could get 3-4 friends to lift it out, but I'm looking for some other ideas. 

Best-
Brian C.
Campbell, CA

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I just did mine with my 17 year old son and left the dome on. Take all the insides out, open the draft door and each of you use that as a handle to lift. use your other hand to support but don't grab the handle or the hinge. All the weight is on the draft door. It's really not that heavy. If you are in OK shape, should be able to do it with 2 people and not taking it apart.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • FloridaTexan
    Options
    Expect to lose some skin off your hands getting it through the top of the table.

I agree with two it is not that hard to lift(have done it with my wife before) but every time I seem to scrape my hand.  Next time I am using gloves.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Expect to lose some skin off your hands getting it through the top of the table.

I agree with two it is not that hard to lift(have done it with my wife before) but every time I seem to scrape my hand.  Next time I am using gloves.
    gloves are good
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX