Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New dome design...

EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 8,665
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone else seen the new multi-piece dome?

I surely hope not. No pics of the act because I don't want it to have happened.

I was doing a kickass gasket replacement that would keep me from ever needing to do it again. Here is a sneak peek:

As I was realigning the dome, I must have have not tightened the band enough because I lifted it up and the dome kept going. I didn't even look twice. I went inside and sat down with a beer to reflect on the last year with my medium. So much for the pork butt tomorrow. Sorry @caliking, no pork bao tomorrow.

Called the dealer. New dome is 146 bucks and won't be here for at least 1-2 weeks. I have a bastard Costco egg without warranty but they will take it back(Good guy Costco). New medium is 629 and 659 at 2 nearest dealers. I decided to check in on the large so I can be as cool as the rest of you AR/swing grate crowd. 799 and 849 for egg, nest, and plate setter. I was never much of a math nut but it seems like I can get a new large for about the same price as fixing mine(mine was 660 invested for compared parts of deal). There seems to be a silver lining to this. The 2 fests near me(5/4 in Waldorf and 6/1 @ Dizzy Pig) are selling the demo larges for 750. Not much of a deal worth waiting for. SWMBO didn't even want to talk to me after I told her. Later, I presented the options in such a way that she said "you might as well get the large". Did I mention silver lining?

In terms of my sweet gasket ring, I'll need to see about doing it again with whatever I get and I will discuss it then.

It will be a somber weekend. At least my daughter kept me happy. She is 14 months and is now pointing to my pregnant wife's abdomen saying "bay... be". Good stuff.

Comments