Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How does forum work

I have had my LBGE for close to 2 years now and have spent many quality hours inhaling smoke and BBQ. This forum is new to me tho, and I have a question. How do you guys save the recipes and tips that you want for future reference? I have started to copy and paste but didn't know if there is an easier way. BTW this is a great place, I don't know how I missed it for so long.

Comments

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    I have had my LBGE for close to 2 years now and have spent many quality hours inhaling smoke and BBQ. This forum is new to me tho, and I have a question. How do you guys save the recipes and tips that you want for future reference? I have started to copy and paste but didn't know if there is an easier way. BTW this is a great place, I don't know how I missed it for so long.
    I do the same thing. But have folders for categories. Welcome to the boards.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    You will see a star to the right of the thread title. Click on that and it will be saved as a bookmark. From there, there's no real organization, but at least they're saved. I still try to print things because of the multitude of great posts, your bookmarks will add up quickly.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I save very, very few. You have two forums and can go back to them at any time and pick up a stored recipe from the files. When I started I tried to keep them all, way to much work IMO.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    I used to use Evernote (free digital notebook that syncs to all of your computers and phones across platforms), now I use OneNote that is part of Microsoft Office and does the same thing.

On any web page, you can save the whole page or just what you highlight, to your notebook with one click.  It also saves the url so you can always go back to the source if need to.

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Welcome, the bookmark star or maybe just save the discussion in your own bookmarks. It does not take long to be swamped in bookmarks. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!