Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Have To Keep BGE Food Safe Somehow...

Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited April 2013 in Off Topic
imageMy home and dinner defense 101.

Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced (means the stock, grip and hand guard were upgraded to Magpul as well as the magazine along with some other upgrades). I added an Aimpoint Micro T1 optic on a LaRue Tactical LT660 mount allowing for a lower 1/3 co-witness of the iron sights through the optic. A Magpul MVG® - MOE® Vertical Grip for indexing while utilizing the "thumb break method" of weapons manipulation. I also added a Magpul 5 slot 1913 Picatinny rail section to the Magpul MOE hand guard, then I mounted an INFORCE® WML HSP (Weapon Mounted Light-Haley Strategic Partners) to it using a Thorntail 1913 Offset Adaptive Mount. This setup is PERFECT as it mounts the light high and forward and at an angle positioning the uniquely angled momentary switch right where one's thumb would naturally be using the "thumb break method" of weapons manipulation. To keep all of this awesomeness with me I added a Damage Industries Large D Loop (the "D" loop keeps the sling from binding while switching to offhand weapons manipulation) Quick Detach Sling Swivel in black oxide finish to a Magpul MS2 Multi-Mission Sling. I also mounted a MSA™ - MOE® Sling Attachment to the hand guard for use when the MS2 sling goes from single point sling to two point sling mode. When the magazine is loaded up with Hornady TAP ammo (reduces muzzle flash to protect night vision) it's a very formidable tool for home defense.

The Sig Sauer P226 chambered in .40 S&W and outfitted with Crimson Trace Laser Grips, which resides in a quick access pistol safe, is meant to fight my way to the safe to get the AR-15 and get into the fight. I surely hope I NEVER need either of these tools... but I sure would rather have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments