Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Family Dinner - Pork Butt and the works

kbutler84kbutler84 Posts: 101
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
My sister and her two little ones came in from Birmingham for a visit, so I had to treat them to a good meal.

We had 8lb pork butt rubbed with a 50/50 split of Dizzy Dust and Red Eye Express plus a little turbinado sugar. Grilled at 230-240 for 18 hours. Sides were grilled pineapple with Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head, crock pot mac and cheese, and spinache and strawberry salad with candied walnuts.

Mac and cheese recipe:
http://tipgarden.blogspot.com/2011/09/one-pot-mac-and-cheese.html?m=1
·

Comments

• A lot of pork was cooked today by the look on the forum! Always a good time to host a meal off the egg, espically with family.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Looks like a good meal indeed!  =P~

Awesome bark on the pork! 
    =D>

I will have to give that mac and cheese a try sometime. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Man that looks Awsome,  good job on that cook. ^:)^
    ·