Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

First cook with Wegman's (Royal Oak?) lump

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,082
Major change of plans tonight.  Originally planned on a rare night out with the neighbors at a new neighborhood Italian restaurant, until my son rolled my car.  He's fine except for a burned hand from the airbag and a head ache, car is totaled.  Didn't want to leave him home alone with a sick 3 yo, so decided to Egg tomorrows planned spatch chicken. Egg was already cleaned out and loaded with Wegman's lump.  Took out the chicken and it was still half frozen.  Settled for boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  The Wegman's lump lit easily, came up to temp quick, and was ready to cook just as quickly of not more so than the WGWW I've been using.  At $6 for 10 pound, I may have found a new lump.  A bit of crackling while lighting, but no sparks. 

Comments