Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

APL competition thighs

Tried this one tonight.
·

Comments

• beteezbeteez Posts: 336
    http://www.adamperrylang.com/recipes/my-competition-thigh-recipe a link to recipe. Skin had right bite. Above shows seasoned thighs in pan, reseasoned on grid, then after a dunk in the sauce.
    ·
    Finished product
    image.jpg 1.3M
    ·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    MMMmmm... Looks good. I have a hard time getting my thighs skin to crisp when I cook with the platesetter in like that. I just set my grid on top of the fire ring, no platesetter, and cook with a 350 degree dome temp. I start with the skin side down for the first 25 minutes of the cook and then I turn them over and put my magic sauce on them.
    ·
    These did not crisp per se but the 1:45 cook time rendered all of the fat & got a clean bite through the meat & skin not sure I would do this cook very often but it as a cool experience. Can see what all a comp cook has to go through to get the perfect bite or 2 for the judge where as we want a good product with minimum effort
    ·