Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook with Wegman's (Royal Oak?) lump

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Major change of plans tonight.  Originally planned on a rare night out with the neighbors at a new neighborhood Italian restaurant, until my son rolled my car.  He's fine except for a burned hand from the airbag and a head ache, car is totaled.  Didn't want to leave him home alone with a sick 3 yo, so decided to Egg tomorrows planned spatch chicken. Egg was already cleaned out and loaded with Wegman's lump.  Took out the chicken and it was still half frozen.  Settled for boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  The Wegman's lump lit easily, came up to temp quick, and was ready to cook just as quickly of not more so than the WGWW I've been using.  At $6 for 10 pound, I may have found a new lump.  A bit of crackling while lighting, but no sparks. 

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    hope your son is ok... my daughter is 17... scares me like hell.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Mine two girls are only 6 and 9 and i'm worrying already.Going to be a rough time I think.
    Happy to hear your so is ok.
    :)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @Tjcoley sorry to hear about your son hope he okay ok , and the wegmans lump i've used a lot and have been very happy with it  from what i understand its made by royal oak if you like it stock up on it my local wegman stops getting it in at the end of the season.
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    Thanks guys.  He was fine til he got home and I kicked his a$$.  Third car he has totaled, last one only 6 months ago.  @bigphil same here for my Wegman's.  This is the first I've seen it this year.
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    I'm sorry but I wouldn't have let him drive after the second totaled car.

Glad he's ok though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    First one was not his fault - hit by someone while stopped.  Second one, he was rear ended and pushed into the car in front.  This one was result of a blow out front tire on a curvy road.  Hard to put all the blame on him.  Still ticks me off, since this one was my car.
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Tjcoley-I would not buy a lottery ticket :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options

lousubcap said:
    @Tjcoley-I would not buy a lottery ticket :)
    Or the contrarian view is buy that lottery ticket...you are due for some good luck.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    It is RO. It's what I use and I love it.

Sorry about your car; thank goodness your son was able to get his butt kicked by you. It could have been much worse.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Anytime someone totals a car and can still walk i would consider lucky!!  Now totaling three cars is time to start him over "on a bike" WITH PEDDLES ! ;)