Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Eye of round steaks...

What's the best way to cook these? Just like any other steak? Marinade? I'm open to suggestions...
"Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA

• doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    No clue ;-) how the short ribs coming along?
    Lynnwood WA
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,386
    I did this cook a while ago and loved it. Do you have a jacard?

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,573
    Toss them and cook a ribeye

Caledon, ON

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    +2 with Little Steven !!!
  • JayHawkEyeJayHawkEye Posts: 193
    @MrCookingNurse I don't have a jacard (I do have forks!), but those look mighty tasty marinated.

@double The ribs are sitting at 133* and just crossed 48 hours. Can't wait till tomorrow night.

As far as the ribeyes...not what I thawed out.
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Worth the wait!
    Lynnwood WA
  • JayHawkEyeJayHawkEye Posts: 193
    Well, when I opened the package (from a quarter of beef we just got) the steaks were really thin. So, I've got them in a southwestern-ish marinade til tomorrow. Gonna cook them and food saver/freeze them for fajitas/nachos/pizza down the road. It'll give me another reason to use the charcoal before I finish the short ribs that are in the SideKic.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,273
    The Cooking Nurse did a good cook with these, if you like a strong marinade, get a Jaccard tenderizer. Did an eye of round, garlic inserted and heavy on the rub, cook it and slice thin, great deli meat. 
    I hit the roasts maybe 30 times with the three knife set. 
    Forks spread the meat fibres, a Jaccard cuts the meat fibres - big difference. 
    IMGP2620.jpg 572.8K
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.