Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

thread titles

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
edited April 2013 in Off Topic
I have a crude sense of humor but try to check it on this forum. please make it easier by not posting threads such as:

should I inject my butt?
look at my beef
had 2 butts this weekend
what do you put on it?
Travis method...tmi
Mickey method... way tmi
nice thighs
nice/ big beast
do you spritz your butts
do I put mustard on my butt
my shrimp is huge
how to pound your meat
do you stuff it?
blew my gasket
what do I do with my bottom vent?

there are many others. please be sensitive to folks like myself... the temptation to be crude might overwhelm us.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• henapple
    Options
    fat cap on my butt....
  • henapple
    Options
    do you go legs up or down?
    do you put the fat side down?

sorry...3rd Woodford ... first time I've had it.
  • henapple
    Options
    first time I've had it.... Dammit, now I'm doing it....
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    henapple said:
    do you go legs up or down? do you put the fat side down? sorry...3rd Woodford ... first time I've had it.

It's early. That bottle it in trouble.....
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • chris123stock
    Options
    I have to agree with this,  I personally think that I might get into alot of trouble if I said alot of what I'm thinking lol.
  • henapple
    Options
    after 8 beers.... yes. I'm not a liquor or bourbon drinker but damn....
  • henapple
    Options
    like Facebook... can't tell you how many comments I've typed and never posted.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    henapple said:
    after 8 beers.... yes. I'm not a liquor or bourbon drinker but damn....

oh delicious. I will be tuned in to see the sh*t show this turns in to tonight. >:)
  • chris123stock
    Options
    henapple said:
    fat cap on my butt....
    (Pics)  ;)
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    henapple said:

That's how I learned to type.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options
    Ha ha I love it @henapple I am the same way when I see some. I cant stop laughing
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @henapple-should you get thru the current Woodford, strap on one of their "Double Oaked" versions, much tighter fit and smoother too :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    henapple said:

Just let them go @henapple. We're all big boys and girls here. If you don't have a sense of humour, maybe this isn't the best place to hang out.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    henapple said:

Just let them go @henapple. We're all big boys and girls here. If you don't have a sense of humour, maybe this isn't the best place to hang out.

He's kidding. Trust me.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    I disagree, Green055.  This is a cooking forum, and I see no reason for the sexual double entendres.  I liken it to a bunch of grade school boys, giggling because they said something nasty and got away with it.

I agree we are big boys and girls here, and hopefully we've matured beyond the school yard jargon.  If you don't agree, maybe this isn't the best place for YOU to hang out.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Greeno55
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    I disagree, Green055.  This is a cooking forum, and I see no reason for the sexual double entendres.  I liken it to a bunch of grade school boys, giggling because they said something nasty and got away with it.

I agree we are big boys and girls here, and hopefully we've matured beyond the school yard jargon.  If you don't agree, maybe this isn't the best place for YOU to hang out.

Is it wrong that as a teacher, I still laugh at all the things my students say, that you say we should be mature enough to let go? :D
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    If the teachers and parents think filth is hilarious, maybe we have an insight to what's wrong with our society.

'Nuff said.  No more comments from me on this.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If the teachers and parents think filth is hilarious, maybe we have an insight to what's wrong with our society.

'Nuff said.  No more comments from me on this.

NM- don't want to fan the flames......yet. need a few drinks first. Travis-- Funny
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options
    If we all cant have a sense of humour in life then where is the fun. Not trying to piss anyone off
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    VI - trust me, laughing at innuendo that would obtain a PG13 rating if it was a movie is not what is wrong with "our" societies. On this forum you do not see posts laced with "f" bombs, coarse language and cursing. Mixed with the cooking and help is a little pub fun. 
    No body is snickering or trying to get away with anything, posts are humorous and well thought out, well as well thought out as the inebriated tend to be, the point is they are honest, I'll take that anytime. I like the wit and wisdom on this forum. 
    @Greeno55 (a teacher) and Cen-Tex (a parent) enjoy and share things with their "kids", being an authority figure goes with the job, respect you earn by also being a friend. (Soap box empty, next)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    Options
    It's the smoke... The "BBQ Brethren" forum is full of it too.  And check out the names of BBQ competition teams.  A new restaurant just opened in Smithville, MO "Smokin' Butts & Juicy Thighs" To me, it's just fun.    
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    I really enjoy and look forward to the humor from many of you on the post here! Keep it up!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Village Idiot
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I think the intent of my post(s) was misinterpreted.  I think I was somewhat ruffled that this Greeno55 guy suggested that Henapple leave the forum if he didn't like his innuendos.  Henapple is one of the best contributors on this forum, and that suggestion was uncalled for, IMHO. This forum has gotten out of hand in this regard before and needed a slight push to get back to decency.

This forum has a much different personality than the other forum, and for the most part, I like it that way.  But, it is interesting to me that the other forum has about 50% male and 50% female participants, and this one has very few female (I can think of 3 occasional posters off the top of my head). Coincidence? I think not.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited April 2013
    Options

I think the intent of my post(s) was misinterpreted.  I think I was somewhat ruffled that this Greeno55 guy suggested that Henapple leave the forum if he didn't like his innuendos.  Henapple is one of the best contributors on this forum, and that suggestion was uncalled for, IMHO. This forum has gotten out of hand in this regard before and needed a slight push to get back to decency.

This forum has a much different personality than the other forum, and for the most part, I like it that way.  But, it is interesting to me that the other forum has about 50% male and 50% female participants, and this one has very few female (I can think of 3 occasional posters off the top of my head). Coincidence? I think not.
    While I am one to quickly though in an innuendo, either on purpose, or accident, it is sad that our bathroom humor runs most of the women folk away. But that being said

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
  • sticks88
    sticks88 Posts: 94
    Options
    I think a phrase we heard before comes to mind "Much ado about nothing."

XL BGE and Pellet smoker

• Greeno55
    edited April 2013
    Options

VI, I'm afraid you completely misinterpreted my comments. I was piggybacking on the humour henapple introduced and was using the general "you". I agree with you henapple, as with you are some of e best contributors on here. This thread made me laugh, because I think the same things when I see them. @henapple, I hope you didn't think I was suggesting you take off. What I meant by let 'em fly is let's hear them. Apparently they offend some people, and therefore maybe we shouldn't after all. Once again, sarcasm gets lost in text.
  • henapple
    Options
    I would love to hear from the ladies and what they think. I only know a few for sure...

@Austin Egghead
    @girl_on_ grill

I can't recall their exact handle..

grannyx
    necessary indulgences