Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Found chip in dome. Is this a manufacturing defect in new Egg?

I've had my large BGE about 4 weeks. I noticed that there is a "chip" inside the  ceramic in the back of the dome just above the gasket. It is only about 1 in. long, 1/2 in. wide  and not very deep... maybe an 1/8 inch. Maybe it was there day-1 and I didn't see it because it was all one color and it blended. Now the inside of hood is getting darker and the chip stands out.

Is this the precursor to eventual disintegration of the Egg as time goes on? Should I be concerned about it? Is there something you I should "patch" it with?

Here is link to a pix (tried to upload but it came out rotated to right for some reason, so link is better.)

Thanks.

Comments