Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wood pizza peel

I got a wooden pizza peel today
was wondering if I should keep it oiled/treated
and if so with what, Besides Pizza :)

--------------------------------------------------------
South Dakota
KBØQBT
Large BGE, 
Mini BGE
36" Blackstone Griddle
Phoenix Gasser
Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

Comments

• Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    Flour. Lots of flour.
    Mamaroneck
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    I don't do anything to mine. Just use and wipe down if it gets dirty.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,555
    If it gets exposed to moisture, some beeswax/mineral oil mixture to keep it from splitting over time.
  • LitLit Posts: 4,116
    Throw it in the fire and get a pizza mesh. Never had any luck with peels. Have 2 that live behind my garbage can in my pantry for the last couple years only because I forget about them when we are running short on wood.
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    Got a cheap one from BB&B for like 5 bucks. We don't do anything to it. Don't try to cut the pizza on it, though.
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,790

I don't do anything to mine except rub flour into it when it's time to assemble the pie on it.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    The one I got is really nice, Got it off flea bay for 15 bucks
    It's 16" X 18"

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI