Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork and Cabbage -- A simple but great meal!

Was wondering if others have a recipe covering the combination of Pork and Cabbage?  This week i cooked a meal that is easy and came out very good.  It combines onions,cabbage,saurekraut,carrots and boneless country style pork ribs.  In a large 8 quart pot, i places 6 medium size onions(cut in half), then cut a large head of cabbage in eight wedges.  Then added two packages of saurekraut and three cups of sliced carrots.  This pot full of veggies was topped with three pounds of seared boneless country style ribs.  Added one twelve ounce "cheap" beer and simmered for three hours, turning the pork into the veggies the last hour.  Had some leftovers, i mean "cook aheads" tonight and had to share.  Very easy..Pork was seared direct at gasket level, egg around 350 degrees.  

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,408
    Really like cabbage and pork. I do some awesome cabbage rolls I'll have to postnext time I make them. Your stuff looks awesome

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,496
    ++++++ Looks great.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    That is not a cook I would have ever thought of. Now I want some. Bet your "cook aheads" are even better.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,563
    Really like cabbage and pork. I do some awesome cabbage rolls I'll have to postnext time I make them. Your stuff looks awesome
    Speaking of cabbage rolls,just put the entire cabbage in the deep freeze for a day or two then when it thaws the leaves are perfectly wilted for making cabbage rolls.Its a Neat trick.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,019
    Good comfort food, Charlie!!! Thanks for sharing

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,408

You don't boil it first? The last batch I made I used some Ukranian roasted red pepper sauce in the pork and itwas just really good. Sorry my spacebar is sticking and I'm getting sick of the corrections

Steve 

Caledon, ON