Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Been lurking......

Finally went to a dealer and got a Large Egg. I was all pumped up and after I have the Egg in the car the dealer tells me.......we are out of stock on the nest. Bummer! So I have a beautiful Egg sitting in my garage that I can't use until at least Tuesday.
·

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I could have a table built TONIGHT!!!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,513
    Rest it on a few bricks to hold you over.
    Congrats!!!!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 599
    I feel your pain. I have a large but my xl has been in the garage since mid march.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • I would have either A. Returned it and go else where. B. Ask for a discount for the XL (make sure that nest is in stock), or C. Ask for a good discount on the Large nest. Its obvious he waited til you bought it and had it on your car to say OOOOOPs we dont have a nest.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    That gives you the whole weekend to locate a GOOD source for meat and poultry, so come Tuesday you can get started on the right direction.  I would not cook on an egg that didn't have a secure base -- always remember the dangers of fire...  Good luck on your future egging!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,797
    Use it now, sitting in a table will not have a nest. Your dealer did not have a Egg on the floor in a nest? How is he selling them?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Used my egg for months on a paver. Get cooking!
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,941
    Rest it on a few bricks to hold you over.
    Congrats!!!!

Really man! Put it on anything non flammable and light the beotch up

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,212
    no crap... sit the sob on concrete or pavers and get cooking...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • becox87becox87 Posts: 4
    Is a pizza a good cook to start with? I got the place setter and pizza stone thrown in for free. I am ordering an AR next week, still trying to figure out which set up I want though.
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,513
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • BeaumontyBeaumonty Posts: 169
    becox87 said:

Is a pizza a good cook to start with? I got the place setter and pizza stone thrown in for free. I am ordering an AR next week, still trying to figure out which set up I want though.

Pizza cooks have about ten simple variables to manage. Simple, but multiple. I would go with one practice run to get it stabilized at 350 shut it down and then cook a pork tenderloin or spatchcock chicken. Pizza after you have some cooks under your belt, can control everything and have the hang of researching on the forum.
    ·
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    I used mine for about 2 weeks sitting on cement blocks
    worked great

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

·
  • mine is on a paver  on my deck right now after my table burned down last week. you can get going and I recommend you do right away.

I think @irishDevil would tell you the same thing. and as we all know, that is all that matters.

·