Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MASTERS WEEKEND!!!

daffy1909
daffy1909 Posts: 498
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum

THE MASTERS is finally here !! going to enjoy good golf,good friends,good DRINK,and good food!!! fliet mignon tonite, stuffed pork chops tomorow, ribs sat, and pizza on sun (quick and easy) don't want to miss any of the 8 hours of covrage!! enjoy your weekend every1!!!

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Unfortunately my wife had a death on her side of the family so no Egging tonight.  Tomorrow is chicken breasts stuffed with ham and cheese.  Saturday will probably do a pork butt to consume Sunday. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Sounds like a good weekend, have fun.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Today was chicken sandwich, pimento cheese and egg salad. Friday through Sunday will be the same. The only week I don't miss my egg
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Pimento Cheese is very fitting given that best best ones on the planet come from behind the gates on Washington Road!
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Chubbs
    That is where mine were/will be.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Insanely jealous Chubbs!

My wife's uncle just got back from being down there for the practice round Tuesday.  I've never been, but it was very nice having him here watching the replay with me and describing the holes, where he was on each one, etc.
    He also brought me back a few items as well, so it's been great. I could drop a few hundo in the store there without blinking an eye.

Enjoy your week!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    I've been once and it's an unforgettable experience. Grilled pheasant breast tomorrow, ribs on Saturday and going to the in laws for dinner on Sunday. One of the best sporting events of the year IMHO. Enjoy everyone
  • Never been within 100 miles of Augusta but I was fortunate to play The Blue Monster at Doral several years ago.  Wow.  After playing that course the PGA players are on a planet all their own.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• It's going to be fun to see how that 14 year old kid from China does. I didn't see much of his round but, he sank a putt on his final hole yesterday like he was a tour pro!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I went 2 years ago and still can get over the beauty and class....especially since its in Georgia =))
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    It's going to be fun to see how that 14 year old kid from China does. I didn't see much of his round but, he sank a putt on his final hole yesterday like he was a tour pro!
    he made the cut! thats amazing even with a penalty stroke for slow play!!!
  • Sorry fellas, watching golf on tv is as interesting as:

Or this:

Have at it and have a good time Egging!

Flint, Michigan
  • YEMTrey
    What a great leaderboard and everyone's still close.  Gonna be a great weekend of golf.  Can't wait for the back nine on Sunday!
    Steve 

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Sorry Fred. Got to agree with @GA_Dawgs. One of my favorites. Been there three times, which were some of the best trips I ever had. Stayed with a friend in Aiken, played 18 on Sunday, 18 or 36 on Monday, practice round on Tuesday. TV does not do the course justice. And never could believe how ridiculously cheap the food and beer is. Hoping Freddy in in the final grouping on Sunday.
    Sorry Fred. Got to agree with @GA_Dawgs. One of my favorites. Been there three times, which were some of the best trips I ever had. Stayed with a friend in Aiken, played 18 on Sunday, 18 or 36 on Monday, practice round on Tuesday. TV does not do the course justice. And never could believe how ridiculously cheap the food and beer is. Hoping Freddy in in the final grouping on Sunday.
    To each his own TJ!  That's what makes the world interesting.  Some people think the same thing about Nascar racing.  Where some see the strategy and nuances, others see cars endlessly turning left.
    Flint, Michigan
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I love this Guan kid. Great stuff.
  • Chubbs
    Just got back from my leaderboard. Great day. Not a Tiger fan but felt bad about his shot on 15.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @Chubbs-Figured you were having the annual out-of-body experience on the 15th leaderboard.  Hell of a gig. Don't know (and don't care) how you landed that job but "good for you". Given the choice between "lucky and good, take lucky every time." 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Once you get past the ticket price, you can't beat the beer and food prices once inside the gate.  You can have lunch with a beer for less than you pay for a beer at a MLB game.

lousubcap said:

@Chubbs-Figured you were having the annual out-of-body experience on the 15th leaderboard.  Hell of a gig. Don't know (and don't care) how you landed that job but "good for you". Given the choice between "lucky and good, take lucky every time." 

Yep. Luck is all. Right place at right time.
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Tjcoley said:

Once you get past the ticket price, you can't beat the beer and food prices once inside the gate.  You can have lunch with a beer for less than you pay for a beer at a MLB game.

If I am dropping g-thing on this tourney I have no issue paying for food. Saturday tickets are $4 grand.
  • GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    edited April 2013
    Chubbs, what a great gig, plus the free round! I am incredibly envious but at least I get to say I know a guy haha
  • YEMTrey
    Nice gig Chubbs!

Just read that it's official.  Tiger got assessed a two stroke penalty for that drop on 15!
    Steve 

• Sounds like he needs to withdraw.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.