Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New shelf and bar tops for LBGE

Using the latest version of the BGE shelves, I wanted the flexibility of the nest and the space of a table so came up to this. Both are exclusively sold by BGE UK, are very sturdy and of great quality. 
Dutch EGGhead and proud owner of a Big Green Egg Large, MiniMax and Mini

Comments

• VERY NICE! Does the legs on the right side fold up so the table can fold down and save storage space?
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Exclusively sold for how much?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Why can't BGE sell the cool stuff in the US?!?!?!?!?!
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Lawsuits! If any problems we (Americans) can always blame our stupidity on some one else and win big $$$$'s!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Very nice, looks super useful.  
  • mhoutman
    mhoutman Posts: 57
    edited April 2013
    Some more info. The set is a initiative of BGE UK. They also make a beautiful table, yet without wheels. (See link below) Both parts are attached to the standard BGE shelf brackets. In fact a set is brackets is included. The shelf (15,74"/40 cm) is functional the same as BGE's and it can fit under the BGE cover. The bar top (41,33"/105cm) can be detached in a second to store it. The legs can be folded. Over all the set is very stabile and sturdy. More info here: http://www.biggreenegg.co.uk/shop/alacarte?pc=7
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Guys the bge uk website is amazing. I checked it out last time mhoutman posted. They have some sweet stuff. And they ship everything even egg packages.

XLBGE 
  • Mama Roneck
    Mama Roneck Posts: 386
    @mhoutman - that's superb!  What kind of wood did you use?  Could you take a close up photo of how you joined it to the existing nest hardware? Also, what hardware did you use to make the legs pivot?  I am totally going to copy it. (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, of course!)

Mamaroneck
  • mhoutman
    Guys the bge uk website is amazing. I checked it out last time mhoutman posted. They have some sweet stuff. And they ship everything even egg packages.
    To be honest, they have the best BGE web site by far. Nice presentation with awesome photo's. Sorry, but the BGE Inc web site still feels to me like a poor blog, where BGE UK understood very well how to do things right. (well pehaps a matter of personal taste)

At the moment BGE UK are not really planning on exporting their shelve, bar top and table. In fact they had to ask BGE Europe for some kind of permission to sell one unit to me. (I am in the Netherlands). Luckily it was granted but one can understand that shipping only one unit of both shelf and bar tops is expensive. Well I was very persistent to get it and now am so happy as it is superb.
  • mhoutman
    @mhoutman - that's superb!  What kind of wood did you use?  Could you take a close up photo of how you joined it to the existing nest hardware? Also, what hardware did you use to make the legs pivot?  I am totally going to copy it. (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, of course!)

Sorry, it is not my own built but completely a BGE UK initiative. If you need more detailed photo's please let me know. Here you see more details on specs: http://www.biggreenegg.co.uk/shop/product/large-rms-single-shelf