Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Cook Weekend

Options
Great cook this past weekend. Started off with Pork Shoulder (Dizzy Dust) and Beef Marrow Bones for Man's Best Friend (can't leave him out!).  Then moved on to smoking cheese (first time!) with the Amaz-En Smoker (Hickory).  Next up were Ribs and 2 Briskets for a BBQ Cook-Off.  Didn't place in Ribs but won First Place Overall with the Brisket.  Used BGE Sweet Maple Rub for the Ribs (Baby Backs - pulled the membrane this time!) and Mickey's Coffee Rub for the Briskets - I think the coffee rub gives brisket the best bark.  Finished off with Stuffed Burgers (a hit with the kiddos).
I think we'll try smoking salmon this weekend.  The hardest part is waiting for the cheese to set up.
Oh, and my bride surprised me with a food saver - this might be the best week of my life.

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Great post. Congrats on the win. It all looks amazing. I really need to try @mickey coffee rub. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Wow! You were busy! So much great looking meat.

I'd love to hear more about that award winning brisket.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You  have turned into a mad man, bet Jaime is tickled.... Good looking cooks and congradulations on the Brisket. I still have not cooked one. Linda and the girls all want the coffee rub on steak, chicken and pigs.... You my friend (cooking for the war college and like) made me decide that I would do a cook for 60 at the house in a few weeks. Knock 'em out Miles.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options

Nice looking food there. Keep it coming.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Nice stuff! You know you can make a great stock out of marrow bones and then smoke them for the mutts. They don't know.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Options
    Great idea @Little Steven I didn't even think about that!