Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

"The Baking Steel" Group Buy

• JWBishopJWBishop Posts: 12
    I will buy one for the the large. Let us know how and when to pay.
  • What's the purpose of "the baking steel?" Is it just something to cook on?
  • ericpericp Posts: 152
    edited April 2013
    i would like a 16in 1/4 round
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,821
    Wouldn't 16"  restrict the airflow too much?  I mean, there must be a reason why the BGE pizza stone is 14"...  I personally intend to use it high in the dome and I am sure others will want to do the same thing.

I would prefer to stick with the same size as the BGE stone.

15$ sounds like a fair shipping charge to Canada.  My only concern would be if we have to use the shipping company broker for the customs.  The best option in my opinion would be USPS or UPS ground.  Fedex may be a problem...  Do we know what shipping company will be used?

Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage. •Niccolo Machiavelli
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,350
    I would be interested in getting one for the small an maybe the mini
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • I'm in.Large please.

• mo eggmo egg Posts: 140
    I'm in for a 15in round 1/4 in
  • PacuarePacuare Posts: 75
    I am most likely in for a large.
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,650
    I would be interested in one for my small and possibly my large, depending on the price for both. Thanks for putting it together. 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • brycosbrycos Posts: 137

mo egg said:
    I'm in for a 15in round 1/4 in
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,125
    I'd be interested in 2 for the large BGE.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,472
    edited April 2013
    paqman said:
    Wouldn't 16"  restrict the airflow too much?  I mean, there must be a reason why the BGE pizza stone is 14"...  I personally intend to use it high in the dome and I am sure others will want to do the same thing.
    I've been using a 16" Primo brand stone in my LBGE for a couple of years.  Works like a charm and allows me the option of a little larger pies.  Count me in for a 16" round if it works out.

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • SteroidSteroid Posts: 5
    Yes, 14" to 16" round for large.  Thanks!!
  • Interested. I have an XL egg so I guess the 16" x 1/4" ?

• tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    I don't want to be left out. Please count me in for a large.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,105
    Hello All, 
    Certainly interested. Would want the largest possible for an XL. The thicker the better...

Do we know what sort of price we're looking at? 

Cheers -
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Whats is the price?  I believe I would be interested in a 15" or whatever size is best for the lbge.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • scooter759scooter759 Posts: 248
    I'm in for one for my medium.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,735
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    edited April 2013
    No questions here. Seems simple enough. Just a thanks for running this. 

It would probably run up the cost, but he should have an egg stamped on these. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 540
    edited April 2013
    I would like to say thanks @fletcherfam for doing all this for the group =D>
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,472
    @fletcherfam  Very nice!  Thanks for the time you've invested to work this out.

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    Awesome FF. I'm in for a 15" too!
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    i'd be interested in one for the XL i think the stone is 21 or 22 inches round i'll have to check later when it cools off . tonights pizza night .maybe one for the large if swmbo doesn't faint at the pricing 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Newbie question ( I was told that I am allowed 2 per day) What is the advantage of the baking steel over the BGE pizza stone? Now for the second question...what is the difference between the 1/4 and 1/2 thick steels besides size of course?
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 879
    Talked to Andris this afternoon, he will have pricing to us Monday morning. He said the website should be set up to order these early next week (Tuesday/Wednesday?).

Getting there!
  • yumdingeryumdinger Posts: 195
    Anyone want to buy a gently used BGE baking stone? ;)
  • im interested in this as well. so next week you will post the promo codes here? or do we need to do something else?