Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"The Baking Steel" Group Buy

Comments

• JWBishop
    JWBishop Posts: 12
    I will buy one for the the large. Let us know how and when to pay.
  • What's the purpose of "the baking steel?" Is it just something to cook on?
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • ericp
    ericp Posts: 152
    edited April 2013
    i would like a 16in 1/4 round
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Wouldn't 16"  restrict the airflow too much?  I mean, there must be a reason why the BGE pizza stone is 14"...  I personally intend to use it high in the dome and I am sure others will want to do the same thing.

I would prefer to stick with the same size as the BGE stone.

15$ sounds like a fair shipping charge to Canada.  My only concern would be if we have to use the shipping company broker for the customs.  The best option in my opinion would be USPS or UPS ground.  Fedex may be a problem...  Do we know what shipping company will be used?

I would be interested in getting one for the small an maybe the mini
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • I'm in.Large please.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • mo egg
    mo egg Posts: 143
    I'm in for a 15in round 1/4 in
  • Pacuare
    Pacuare Posts: 77
    I am most likely in for a large.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I would be interested in one for my small and possibly my large, depending on the price for both. Thanks for putting it together. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • brycos
    brycos Posts: 137

mo egg said:
    I'm in for a 15in round 1/4 in
    ditto
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    I'd be interested in 2 for the large BGE.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited April 2013
    paqman said:
    Wouldn't 16"  restrict the airflow too much?  I mean, there must be a reason why the BGE pizza stone is 14"...  I personally intend to use it high in the dome and I am sure others will want to do the same thing.
    I've been using a 16" Primo brand stone in my LBGE for a couple of years.  Works like a charm and allows me the option of a little larger pies.  Count me in for a 16" round if it works out.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Steroid
    Steroid Posts: 5
    Yes, 14" to 16" round for large.  Thanks!!
  • Interested. I have an XL egg so I guess the 16" x 1/4" ?

Thanks!

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    I don't want to be left out. Please count me in for a large.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Hello All, 
    Certainly interested. Would want the largest possible for an XL. The thicker the better...

Do we know what sort of price we're looking at? 

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Whats is the price?  I believe I would be interested in a 15" or whatever size is best for the lbge.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    I'm in for one for my medium.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited April 2013
    No questions here. Seems simple enough. Just a thanks for running this. 

It would probably run up the cost, but he should have an egg stamped on these. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    edited April 2013
    I would like to say thanks @fletcherfam for doing all this for the group =D>
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    @fletcherfam  Very nice!  Thanks for the time you've invested to work this out.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mama Roneck
    Mama Roneck Posts: 386
    Awesome FF. I'm in for a 15" too!
    Mamaroneck
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    i'd be interested in one for the XL i think the stone is 21 or 22 inches round i'll have to check later when it cools off . tonights pizza night .maybe one for the large if swmbo doesn't faint at the pricing 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Newbie question ( I was told that I am allowed 2 per day) What is the advantage of the baking steel over the BGE pizza stone? Now for the second question...what is the difference between the 1/4 and 1/2 thick steels besides size of course?
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Talked to Andris this afternoon, he will have pricing to us Monday morning. He said the website should be set up to order these early next week (Tuesday/Wednesday?).

Getting there!
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Anyone want to buy a gently used BGE baking stone? ;)
  • im interested in this as well. so next week you will post the promo codes here? or do we need to do something else?