Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blasphemous Stir Fry

Options
I hope VI will still respect me in the morning.

This wasn't quite as lazy as the last pastrami was, but it sure wasn't the ancient and honorable way to do a wok cook. 

Beef and shrimp were marinated in off the shelf spicy marinades.  The veggies were all together.  I started with sort of fresh garlic (and discovered my fresh ginger was actually dessicated ginger, so no joy there), then added the beef, then the veggies, and lastly the shrimp.

Traditional or not, it tasted good, and was a nice change of pace.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    I hope VI will still respect me in the morning.

Evaluation question:
    Did it taste good?

Your answer:
    Traditional or not, it tasted good, and was a nice change of pace.

Your Grade:
    Excellent.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    That looks GREAT! nothing wrong with that, and with all the prep and thought you can't call it Lazy!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Who cares what that Vespa Riding Idiot thinks? ;) Looks good from here @Doc_Eggerton. =D>

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Who cares what that Vespa Riding Idiot thinks? ;)
    Probably as many who think you know how to cook.   ;)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Did you just troll me @Village_Idiot? :)) I've said it before. I don't know how to cook. I just steal pictures off the internet and claim they are mine. I couldn't cook a box of mac and cheese without ruining it. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Well played... And I like lazy. Ever see a lazy person blow out an ACL? No. Enjoy...
    I have. They were reaching for the remote and they twisted their knee falling from the chair.

I was his nurse after the reconstruction surgery. He hated the Physical Therapist(see: lazy)
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Options
    Anyone ever have a cookoff with VI?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Looks mighty tasty from here. I would love a plate.

Eggcelsior said:
    Well played... And I like lazy. Ever see a lazy person blow out an ACL? No. Enjoy...
    I have. They were reaching for the remote and they twisted their knee falling from the chair.

I was his nurse after the reconstruction surgery. He hated the Physical Therapist(see: lazy)

=)) That's some funny sh!t right there. Tragic in a way, but still funny.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Options
    Doc Eggerton... Where did you get that wok holder setup? I was wondering how to use a wok on my new large BGE.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    HogHeaven said:
    Doc Eggerton... Where did you get that wok holder setup? I was wondering how to use a wok on my new large BGE.
    He's using a spider from the Ceramic Grill Store. He has it "legs up".  I prefer "legs down", but either way works.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Actually it is the Woo.  I have it set for the closest to the coals.  Other way around raises the wok about 6 inches.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Options
    Doc... Have you use your wok much on your BGE? I've tried to cook with my wok on my stove indoors and it just never gets hot enough. Most Chinese restaurants cook at 800 degrees. I would think our BGE's would have no problem getting that hot.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    HogHeaven said:
    Doc... Have you use your wok much on your BGE? I've tried to cook with my wok on my stove indoors and it just never gets hot enough. Most Chinese restaurants cook at 800 degrees. I would think our BGE's would have no problem getting that hot.

A lot of us use wok's on the BGEs.  Search for some of Village Idiot's cooks. 

On this cook the wok was just starting to glow at the bottom when I started.

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Not blasphemous ....just a nouvelle cook that looks pretty darn good
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx