Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

History of BBQ books

Does anyone know any good books regarding the history of BBQ? I am not looking for cookbooks but rather books about the history of BBQ as a whole or regionally. Thanks
·

Comments

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,411
    I haven't come across any books w. more than a few pages on BBQ history, but there is quite a lot at the Southern Foodways site.
    ·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    I will have to check it out, thanks.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,258
    You mean since man cooked over fireor a particular kind of barbeque

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Peace, Love & BBQ by Mike Mills has a lot of the old master's cooking out of barrells and pits in their back yard.

Mills is a multiple winner of Memphis in May.  I use his Magic Dust and sauce several times a year.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Barbecue: The History of an American Institution by Robert Moss
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Thanks, I will look into those also. @littlesteven - looking more for BBQ history in the US, regional or comprehensive.
    ·