Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Lunch for 60

MickeyMickey Posts: 13,671

Pre wedding lunch at my house for 60 bride's friends deal on May 4th. Just getting ready and I  would like you to shoot holes in this (the 85% is ref to what you end up with cooked from pre-cooked weight chart):

Turkey (3) 8 lb breasts (ButterBall) X 85% = 20 lbs
(2) 8lb Ham {Cooks Hams} is 16 lb X 80% = 12 lb
Sausage links say 60 ( app 4 links per lb) 15 lbs
Potato salad 4oz each serving @ 60 = 15 lbs
Cole slaw 4 oz per serving @ 60 = 15 lbs
Sausage (L&R or the one from HEB)
HEB potato salad
HEB cole slaw
Kings Rolls
Patato Rolls
Chips & Dips
I am thinking I can get all three breasts on one Large and both hams on the other. Then cook the sausage. Thinking the breasts will take about 75 min and the ham about (less) 4 hours. Want to cook for a 11:00 serving and not a lot of hold over time. Thoughts & ideas please while I have time for changes....
Doing the Hams "Naked" and just got in (never used) sugar maple chunks and chips OR like I always do with cherry/pecan. For the turkey cherry/pecan and coffee rub.
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

Comments