Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pesto, Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Pix

Options
I've been meaning to post this cook from last week but I've been lazy to be quite honest :)  Anyhow, we have grown tired of the basic chicken breasts and thought we'd jazz them up.  We started out by pounded the breasts super thin but I have to ask what kind of breast enlargement surgery these chickens have been having.  Because I swear the ones we buy are the size of like a turkey...Anyhow.....We slathered on some pesto sauce (premade from Earth Fare)

Then put on some fresh grated mozzarella.  My wife wanted them super cheesy

Then my wife folded them up she said it was too much to roll up. and Wrapped around with a couple slices of good ol Indiana Bacon

Put them on the Egg at about 375 direct grid.  Really didn't lose much of the cheese for being so loosely packed

It took quite some time for me to feel they were safe to come off but wow do they look great

Sliced them open and we ended up for the 2 boys and my wife finished about 2 of them.   Saved the other for sandwiches later in the week and I can't figure out which I enjoyed more.  

Large BGE

Comments