Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT new cutting board finally done

LitLit Posts: 3,637

I ordered this thing 3 months ago and finally got pictures sent today and will have it soonimage.image.image.

·

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,262
    beautiful! i would have trouble putting a knife near it
    ·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    That is really nice looking
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,777
    That is a beautiful board. Could you give some more details?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,637
    Its spalted red maple. Got it from a guy on Etsy his store name is Greenriverwoods. He makes some crazy boards out of spalted Sycamore but they are not meat friendly due to being pourous just cheese and veggies. I will get one of them next. This board is 18"*20"*2".
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,805
    Price?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Price? I would say priceless,  thats one sweet board.
    ·
    $320 after shipping and a bottle of his oil/wax
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,553
    Very nice, fil made this for us. I cropped out the mess , in the middle of a kitchen remodel right now. It can use a oil/wax buff too.

Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Lit said:

$320 for a cutting board?  Did ya buy a Grill Barrow too? ;)

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Another great option for cutting boards are theboardsmith.com. I got one for myself and dad we we both love them.
    ·
    Fred end grain cutting boards are expensive especially if you want something unique. Most of my knives run in that same range or more so mise well get a nice board that protects their blades. Plus this board will outlast me.
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,745
    Beautiful board lit. 

Lit said:

$320 for a cutting board?  Did ya buy a Grill Barrow too? ;)
    Ordered a custom board by Rick Odea at Ozark West.  Almost 3" thick, end grand walnut.  Similar in price to Lit's.  It is the focal point in the kitchen and the most useful piece, not just cutting.

Yeah a $30 bamboo board will get the job done.  If you have high end knives, it makes sense to have a high quality end grain board paired with them. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
    ·
  • Lit said:
    Fred end grain cutting boards are expensive especially if you want something unique. Most of my knives run in that same range or more so mise well get a nice board that protects their blades. Plus this board will outlast me.
    Just having a little fun!  I think the board is beautiful!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,609
    Thats one nice board!

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,350
    That is beautiful man...your kids will enjoy it ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    Nice looking board. I think I'll make my own board for that money.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,120
    Beautiful!

While expensive, if you can find an image of Mother Mary in it you'll be able to sell it for $800,000 and even get on CNN.  
    :D

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • BrowninggoldBrowninggold Posts: 453
    edited April 2013
    Botch said:
    Beautiful!

While expensive, if you can find an image of Mother Mary in it you'll be able to sell it for $800,000 and even get on CNN.  
    :D

All I seen was a Alien head toward the top left on her board :)
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I see it as well. It's a predator, where is Arnold Schwartzy.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,120
    IrishDevl said:
    I see it as well. It's a predator, where is Arnold Schwartzy.
    On the bahhhck... 

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Great looking board now if the barrow had a top like that I would pay the $750 ;-)
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 418
    GA_Dawgs said:
    Another great option for cutting boards are theboardsmith.com. I got one for myself and dad we we both love them.
    The Boardsmith makes super cutting boards. Also, Cutting Board Gallery (formally Ozark West) makes a great board. The later can be seen on the shows on Cooking Channel and Food Network. I own both and both are superb.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
    If you like unique cutting boards check his store out. He also does counter tops and I saw he did a really cool pizza peel recently. As mentioned before all of the spalted sycamore work is really nice.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/GreenRiverWoods?ref=shop_sugg
    ·
  • Nice cutting board.

This is another source of interesting cutting boards. I bought one for a friend in Texas (they are made in Texas), but I don't have one myself.

·
  • Too old o soon n.OK onnll.on know OK let o.oboo.o
    ·